High stats, low research, nontrad - WAMC top 20s?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Toboggan

Just throw me in the trash
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I’d say have mid tiers and high tiers. Not gonna lie, if your PS has some angle about being LGBT or transgender that will help quite a bit. Lack of research may hurt a little, but 99%tile mcat and GPA is gonna be hard for schools to say no to, especially since you add diversity.

Throw in some more midtiers. You might benefit from writing about being transgender if it influenced your decision to practice medicine. Given the stellar stats and your nontrad status, your research is adequate for top-20 schools. Good luck! Also, add Harvard and Yale if you have any interest at all there; you're competitive there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Throw in some more midtiers. You might benefit from writing about being transgender if it influenced your decision to practice medicine. Given the stellar stats and your nontrad status, your research is adequate for top-20 schools. Good luck! Also, add Harvard and Yale if you have any interest at all there; you're competitive there.
Agree 100%

IF there is any way that you can get in some volunteering with LGBT communities, that would be extra helpful.
Add Pitt, Hofstra, U VM, BU and the NYC Titans.

Ok this eases my mind a bit. Thanks everyone.