High Yield and Road Map Book Series

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cliff Huxtable

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are any of the books in these two series good study for Step 1?

I was thinking up picking up HY Biochem, NY Neuroanatomy, and Road Map to Gross Anatomy.

Also, have the books changed much between editions because the older editions are much cheaper now?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

id say high yield is very brief concise as far as info goes... good if you like format, and if subject is not actually important enough to step up to bigger book

brs series are more thorough, have more depth, which is good cus it explains, but probably more than you need to know and will take up more time then you may have or that you should allot for that subject... ie itd be worthwhile to do BRS Phys or Path, but probably overkill to use BRS for embryo unless you really have a LOT OF TIME...

i havent used any roadmap series but they look to be somewhere in between hy and brs in terms of depth and content...

id say high yield is very brief concise as far as info goes... good if you like format, and if subject is not actually important enough to step up to bigger book

brs series are more thorough, have more depth, which is good cus it explains, but probably more than you need to know and will take up more time then you may have or that you should allot for that subject... ie itd be worthwhile to do BRS Phys or Path, but probably overkill to use BRS for embryo unless you really have a LOT OF TIME...

i havent used any roadmap series but they look to be somewhere in between hy and brs in terms of depth and content...

Cool, any info on how good they are for step 1?