High Yield Pharmacology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sean wilson

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone use this? I've got Lippincott, but it's so dense that I am afraid that I won't have enough time to get through it.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Sean

I am using High yield, for the same reason .

I saw Lippincott and just freaked out. Thats about
it...

Obviously high yield is not going to be just enough, so I am supplementing with others as required.

SYD,

In what ways do you think that HY won't be sufficient? What books are you using to complement it?

Most people have been telling me that First aid is sufficient, but I guess I'll find out for sure tomorrow. I have Lipincott Pharm too, and I haven't really used it at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
First Aid is sufficient. Of the 20 or so pharm questions I had, I can think of only two questions I had absolutely no idea about -- and would spending hours and hours with other pharm texts would have given me the knowledge to answer those questions? Probably not. (i.e. they were really obscure drug-drug interaction questions, and I'm hoping they were experimental!)

I think your time would be better off spent studying any weak points in physiology or microbiology you may have.

Thanks for the above.

Did you say Physio and micro, we need extra reading with First Aid.

I find physio questions quite difficult and am spending a bit of time on Physio, because they are going to be something like 15 % of total questions.

Could somebody tell me the chapter 1& 2 in BRS Physio ( Muscle contraction /Neyro physio spindles/ Vestibular system ) are they high yield ??

I totally forgot about them, now starting to think do I need to go back to these ??

Thanks in advance..

I had zero questions on muscle contraction, muscle spindles, and vestibular system.

I would study CV, Pulm, Endocrine, and Reproductive. those 4 were the majority of my phys and pathphys questions. Many of the questions were really tough.

Thanks Mark

I really hate those spindles and the obscure caloric test in Vestibular system. :wink:

So, I could move on to Biochem land now, anybody who is doing the same please join me, we could exchange hints/ worries etc etc..

SYD,

A friend of mine took the boards last week and reported that High Yield Biochem (Lippincott) is pretty good. THe main things discussed are rate-limiting steps and what would result if you lost the cofactor for a certain reaction.