1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

higher score guarantee

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum (Sponsored)' started by zonapellucida, Aug 9, 2011.

1. zonapellucida

Pre-Medical
    how many times can you use this?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tman5890

tman5890 Fiery Devotion
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I believe it's just once.

4. dbizzy

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    What if this will be your first time taking the MCAT? Does Kaplan give an extension for the online materials IN CASE you didn't do well this first time?

5. tman5890

tman5890 Fiery Devotion
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I think so. You should call them, they're usually very eager to help and I'm sure they'll extend your access.

6. werethere

i never understood this whole higher score guarantee business, if you did not help me the first time around, why would I waste my time trying again with something that clearly didn't help me....thoughts?

7. KaplanPatrick

KaplanPatrick Elite Kaplan Instructor
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Hey guys!

Just to set the record straight here. The High Score Guaranteed is because is designed to make sure you get the score you are looking for.

We really are committed to your success. The Higher Score applies in a number of ways.

1) If you don't feel ready to take the exam we can extend your resources.

2) No matter how many points you improve, if you're not satisfied with your overall score, you can study with us again for free for the next test date or for three more months for computer-based tests.

3) If for any reason you don't raise your overall score, you can study with us again for free or get your money back.

All we ask is that you meet our basic study requirements: Attend class, do your homework, and take all the required practice exams. It's that simple.

In my 3+ years of teaching I have NEVER had a student not improve who has attended class, done their homework, and taken the practice exams. We have this in place because our program works. It's that simple.

If I can address and specific questions please let me know! :D

Patrick

8. jawrigh1

jawrigh1 Pre-Med
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    What's the time limit? What if I took your course in 2009 and didn't do well can I use the Higher Score Guarantee if I never took advantage of it?

9. KaplanPatrick

KaplanPatrick Elite Kaplan Instructor
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    jawrigh1,

Can you please PM? That is a unique circumstance seeing as it was 2+ years ago.

I'll see what I can do!

Patrick