Highest MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OneStrongBro

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The highest MCAT score I have ever seen was on the movie, "Meet the Parents"

Ben Stiller's character got a 13, 14, and a 15. This movie is hilarious. When I saw the MCAT score sheet, given to Robert De Niro. I fell off my chair laughing.

The line, "Hey, DUMBFOCK, you never took the MCAT!!!" is hysterical.

Members don't see this ad.

The funny thing is that I think they said he was in the 97th %ile, whereas, if you were to really get a 42, I think it would be higher than that (any 14 or 15 is 99th+ %ile).

A friend of mine got a 39 (MD/PhD at UConn), and that's the highest of all the people I've actually met. Otherwise, I think there's a person here on SDN with a 41, and I heard about a guy at Yale this summer with a 43. He's supposed to be in their MD/PhD program, but I'm not claiming anything since I haven't actually met him.

43 is not possible unless he aced it......so that would be 43-45......or if he got soemthing like 41-43 and called it a 43.........from what everyone has been saying, the highest is 42.according to msar.........?...

just a thought........

nero

Yeah I think Ben Stiller's Character had a 13-15, 14, 15. I saw that and fell off my chair. I shouted, "NOBODY GETS A 42 ON THEIR MCAT AND GOES INTO NURSING!!!!!!!"

I mean first of all, to get a 42 would require a tremendous amount of MCAT prep and science knowledge. People who are not fully committed to going to med school probably would not do all the work necessary to acheive such a crazy score. Also, if you actually DID get that score, you could probably enter just about any school you wanted as long as you weren't a total tool.

My Princeton Review prof had a 40. He also had a 3.0 GPA and was having a hard time getting med schools to look at him.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey didn't you remember in the movie that he went into nursing because there was more patient contact or something along those lines?:confused: :laugh:

I have a friend who got a 38 on the MCAT with no prep. He did it out of a dare from a friend who is a MD/PhD at Cornell Med now. The guy didn't even go to med school.

Originally posted by Sharky
My TPR ochem teacher got a 42 T. He said he was one of the top people in the top 50 across the nation that took the MCAT in 2000

I have a hard time believing people that volunteer a score like that. I only got a 30, but when everyone else in my lab got their scores back I didn't want to tell because I knew they hadn't done well......

I know some guy that got a 40. Then he got offered WashU md/phd but waited literally until the last hour to call to accept it cause he really wanted Duke, even though he was paying to go there and was free at WashU. Guess MCAT doesn't correlate so highly with intelligence...hehe.

Originally posted by Neuronix

My Princeton Review prof had a 40. He also had a 3.0 GPA and was having a hard time getting med schools to look at him.

Did he ever get in? On his first try? :confused:

Originally posted by OneStrongBro
The highest MCAT score I have ever seen was on the movie, "Meet the Parents"

Ben Stiller's character got a 13, 14, and a 15. This movie is hilarious. When I saw the MCAT score sheet, given to Robert De Niro. I fell off my chair laughing.

The line, "Hey, DUMBFOCK, you never took the MCAT!!!" is hysterical.

Gaylord Focker had the highest MCAT score ever in "Meet the parents"...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: