Highest paying jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If someone made a lifelong career choice based on a yahoo news article, then I don't think they would be able to get into medical school anyway.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Conveniently left out the debt and length of training.

some of these jobs make me lol

I guess they completely forgot to take into account the job market....last I heard lawyers and airline pilots had very dismal employment opportunities.

People don't become astronauts just because they see really cool photos of the space station.

We need more trained doctors to address the needs of our growing and aging population. The problem lies in the limited number of spaces in medical school classes; not in the number of people wishing to become doctors. In any case, don't worry, the 5-10 years of post-graduate training is generally enough to deter those that are only in it for the money. ;)

Nope. It lies in the limited funding for residency.

someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but I could've sworn orthodontists made more than dentists. Not the other way around. Or am I thinking of something else?

LOL, how did law make that list? They must not include the law graduates who are working at dick's sporting goods and other non-law jobs.

Yea, when it comes to making money to pay off their loans, those law graduates are gung-ho for the dick's.

Yea, when it comes to making money to pay off their loans, those law graduates are gung-ho for the dick's.

the market for law graduate's is horrible. I think only 30-40% get real law jobs.

the market for law graduate's is horrible. I think only 30-40% get real law jobs.

Most def.

The pre-law/law student forums are funny... in a sad way.
Schools are desperate; some recently started handing out acceptances to people that didn't even apply to their school (yes, you read that right lol). Rutgers, I believe, was one of the ones being talked about.

Well, if BIGLAW isn't in a law graduate's future, there is always BIGDICK's sporting goods. right?

LOL, how did law make that list? They must not include the law graduates who are working at dick's sporting goods and other non-law jobs.

Yeah, just like how law schools manipulate their employment data to not include the droves of newly minted grads working as baristas.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most def.

The pre-law/law student forums are funny... in a sad way.
Schools are desperate; some recently started handing out acceptances to people that didn't even apply to their school (yes, you read that right lol). Rutgers, I believe, was one of the ones being talked about.

Well, if BIGLAW isn't in a law graduate's future, there is always BIGDICK's sporting goods. right?

Hahahah that's hilarious but also very sad

I like how "Doctors and Surgeons" are all lumped together.

I like how they differentiated between doctors and surgeons in the first place ...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/highest-paying-jobs-in-the-u-s-.html

I kinda hate these articles because it just creates more competition for us premeds to get in?

:laugh:

Average Premed::corny:
-Looks online for careers cause his high school teacher told him to. :yawn:
-Sees how much doctors makes. Wants to become a doctor now. :claps:
-Goes through first year of college as "premed." End with a 2.6 GPA.
-Finally see's premed counselors. Premed counselors looks at GPA and goes :laugh:
-Starts sophomore year as Communications major. :highfive:

Am I worried? Nope.

According to the 2010 MGMA survey, the average salary for an anesthesiologist is ~$420k.

I've seen as low as ~270k and as high as ~500k averages. There are so many different sources and so many different answers. I really don't care which one is right though.

:laugh:

Average Premed::corny:
-Looks online for careers cause his high school teacher told him to. :yawn:
-Sees how much doctors makes. Wants to become a doctor now. :claps:
-Goes through first year of college as "premed." End with a 2.6 GPA.
-Finally see's premed counselors. Premed counselors looks at GPA and goes :laugh:
-Starts sophomore year as Communications major. :highfive:

Am I worried? Nope.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: true.
According to the 2010 MGMA survey, the average salary for an anesthesiologist is ~$420k.

seems a bit inflated

Nope. It lies in the limited funding for residency.

Yes! I was about to post the same thing. GME is the bottleneck. We already have more doctors wanting residencies than we can train. Increasing medical school classes just puts more US grads in the pool competing for those spots, but it doesn't really change the number of physicians graduating from residency and fellowship programs and entering the workforce every year.