Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

highlighting in Verbal

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by mm6284, May 12, 2007.

1. mm6284

Pre-Medical
    For some reason I can never top a 10 on verbal :( ... when I highlight I am always pressed for time at the end..... and I'm afraid that I won't be able to answer the questions correctly if I don't highlight... Do any of you guys that are consistently scoring above 10 in verbal highlight as you read?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Vanguard23

Medical Student
    On AAMC4, I made an 11 on VR while highlighting. On AAMC9(taken this week) I *would* have made another 11, but I came across a passage that just didn't snap for me and I missed every question on it. Up to that point, I had gotten a few wrong on the entire section.
    highlighting helps me read actively and aggressively and I've been finishing with just enough time.

4. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    Try to do a practice test without highlighting and see if it hurts your score.