Status
Not open for further replies.

hersheyhershey

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
L

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am from the US with citizenship. I am looking for more options other than going to med school in the US. My current goal is to be a dermatologist. I have looked at the Caribbean and the Atlantic bridge program. I am a very fast learner and have earned many scholarships. I am in the top 10% of my highschool class. I feel like I have determination to become a US IMG. Most of you would advise against this but please try to throw some ideas at me. For me, US med schools are still an option. I am looking for more options.

Go to school where you intend to practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Moving to hSDN.

This is a bad idea for innumerable reasons, but in any event this is too early to bother coming up with a specific plan. Just get the best grades you can, get some exposure to medicine to see if it's really for you, and then figure out the rest later.

Yeah, you're not going to become a dermatologist as an IMG.

Reactions: 1 users
Dermatology is the most competitive residency for US grads. As an img, your chances are zero.
See above, and I would add that if you want to go to medical school, you need to understand that you may not get the specialty you want, and you should be prepared to be happy doing family med in rural South Dakota.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you all for your responses I have decided against it

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.