Hilarious! I thought my app was tampered with--have red X's!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Fly

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh my god...AMCAS is actually going to verify my app!

I know this is just another my app is going to be verified post, but its been so DAMN long and i've visited my application SO many FREAKIN' times that I thought (very briefly) that someone had hacked my application!! It didn't even occur to me that they were actually going to process my application sometime soon...

You GO AMCAS. Congrats, it only took you four months...

Its been so long, I kinda feel like I've been accepted somewhere! Pretty pathetic! :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

HAHA...I'm so cool I am going to respond to my own post! ;)

SERIOUSLY. . . I just thought I'd add that it took four months AND threatening legal action--I too had a lawyer do the letter thing. The other amusing part is that in the middle of my Sinai interview last Thursday I got a call from AMCAS! It was some guy named Steve Fitzpatrick or some such calling on 'behalf of Nancy Tillinghast.' Anyway, I thought i'd add that.

4 Months? When did you submiT?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't get too excited. I got red X's a month ago and still have not been processed. I have been verified, though.

Okay, not quite four months, but three and one half--

Submitted: 7/13/01
Red X's : 10/25/01
Processed: ????

I'm totally jaded--I don't expect to be processed anytime especially soon but at least I'm finally on the road to verification!

I hope you guys get processed soon.. just keep bugging them about it. I got mine verified on Tuesday and Processed on this Wednesday (I got the slashes and crosses for my classes when I go to print my app, and there is a processed date on it, 10/24, so I guess i'm processed...)

Hey y'all: Quick question:

Do you have to certify and Xmit every time you open you app to check on its status? I had'nt been doing it, but I just certified again just to make sure...

Why is that part unchecked everytime I open it to check on my status? That's weird... :confused:

Originally posted by GG16:
•Okay, not quite four months, but three and one half--

Submitted: 7/13/01
Red X's : 10/25/01
Processed: ????

I'm totally jaded--I don't expect to be processed anytime especially soon but at least I'm finally on the road to verification!•

Congrats!! :D I predict you'll be verified by tomorrow. Once Nancy gets involved, especially in response to a bona fide legal threat, things move fast, or at least that was my experience and that of quite a few other SDNers. :D

:D Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who suggested threatening AMCAS with legal action!!! 4 FREAKIN' MONTHS!!!I sent Nancy T. a nice email last week but she didnt reply...sooooo, I sent another one Tuesday night mentioning lawyers and I saw Red X's this morning and I came home from class to find an email from Nancy and I'm PROCESSED!!!! So is it now that interviews hopefully start coming?

Originally posted by efjayen:
:D Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who suggested threatening AMCAS with legal action!!! 4 FREAKIN' MONTHS!!!I sent Nancy T. a nice email last week but she didnt reply...sooooo, I sent another one Tuesday night mentioning lawyers and I saw Red X's this morning and I came home from class to find an email from Nancy and I'm PROCESSED!!!! So is it now that interviews hopefully start coming?•

Congrats!!! :D Everyone who gets verified this way should say a big thank-you to Mary Beth, who was the first one to do this and started the ball rolling. As far as interviews coming immediately, I was verified 2 weeks ago, and haven't heard a thing from any of my 21 schools. Apparently some schools (not many) are set up to receive verified apps in their entirety electronically, and they should get them pretty fast. The rest of the schools are first sent a "summary" app electronically and then later sent hard copies of the verified app by AMCAS -- who knows how long that takes. In my case, I took the August MCAT, so who knows how long it will take AMCAS to get those scores to the schools. I'm not expecting to hear anything until next month.

But it's nice to be verified, isn't it? :)

I've been lucky enough to receive a bunch of interview invites before my app was processed--however, I didn't have to combat the combination of having taken the Aug. 2001 MCAT and not being processed. I can certainly see where having both of these held over your heads by AAMC/AMCAS would delay any interviews.

I'm sure they'll be coming! Best of luck. :D

Let us know when you get your Date Processed. I'm keeping tabs on Saint Nancy and want to make sure her work isn't going downhill! ;)
Did you ever end up talking to her (or her assistant)? She called me one Friday night (!) from her home (!!) and talked to me forever about AMCAS's problems. :D

I HAVE BEEN PROCESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date Processed: 10/25/01

OH MY GOD!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I really thought this day would never come...

Oh, and I never actually talked with good 'ol Nancy, just her whipping boy,
Steve Fitzgerald or some such.

SMW-- I CANNOT believe she called you from HER home. That is such a great story. This whole thing gets weirder by the day!

What a grand day!!

It's a fine feeling, ain't it?? :D :) ;) :p :D