Apr 5, 2011
Tazewell, TN
Status
Medical Student
I've seen a lot of med school songs, but this one is pretty freakin' good:

Plus, I love the song/video "Somebody that I used to know".

Enjoy.

cabinbuilder

Urgent Care Physician
10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Soooo cool. So how do you get these videos into the messages? I can't figure it out. Thanks.

OP
corpsman33
Apr 5, 2011
Tazewell, TN
Status
Medical Student
Ok, well seeing as we are all on a YouTube Med School video kick.......here are a few more for the study break:

cabinbuilder

Urgent Care Physician
10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Hope this helps:

I'm sorry, but I do not understand what this means? Still just as confused. Where is the "media" button? Huh???

cabinbuilder

Urgent Care Physician
10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
The "Media" button is this guy:
OK, I tried to use this buttom earlier today and paste the URL link from youtube but it wouldn't let me. That's why I'm stuck.

Jul 25, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Did it say "The specified URL cannot be embedded as media" when you clicked the "Embed" button?

Jun 8, 2013
Status
OK, I tried to use this buttom earlier today and paste the URL link from youtube but it wouldn't let me. That's why I'm stuck.
So you do the following:
Code:
[youtube]GFIjFwhB-xQ[/youtube]
for the youtube think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFIjFwhB-xQ
It's always that portion of the URL to embed a youtube video

cabinbuilder

Urgent Care Physician
10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Did it say "The specified URL cannot be embedded as media" when you clicked the "Embed" button?
yes. It's ok, I will have my kids show me. Not understanding why you have to copy and then delete part of the code to get it to embed? I don't see how you are suppose to know what portion of the URL you use? Sigh.. shouldn't it just be one easy step like sharing on facebook?

Last edited:
OP
corpsman33
Apr 5, 2011
Tazewell, TN
Status
Medical Student
yes. It's ok, I will have my kids show me. Not understanding why you have to copy and then delete part of the code to get it to embed? I don't see how you are suppose to know what portion of the URL you use? Sigh.. shouldn't it just be one easy step like sharing on facebook?
I don't understand why it's giving you such trouble, I literally only copy and paste the URL into my SDN message and it automatically embeds it into the post (it doesn't show up as embedded though until I hit "post").

cabinbuilder

Urgent Care Physician
10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Jul 25, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
OP
corpsman33
Apr 5, 2011
Tazewell, TN
Status
Medical Student
I don't understand why it's giving you such trouble, I literally only copy and paste the URL into my SDN message and it automatically embeds it into the post (it doesn't show up as embedded though until I hit "post").
Weird. I wonder if it matters which browser you use to post things.