This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PulseOx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh the true slogan of a middle man.

Maybe... but our practice is hiring and we don’t discuss specifics in a public forum like this. I’d have the same response (actually no, I’d shoot the guy a DM and discuss there and probably do so on the phone). It’s asking for trouble, and can attract some unwanted attention particularly from administration. We don’t exactly have anything to hide, but PP folks should consider their whole employment package/partnership track something of a trade secret (or at least the specifics). Also, SDN has a penchant for ripping apart every practice that isn’t a MD only unicorn 90% percentile MGMA in a huge mountain city so...

All this being said a prospective doc should know all the details of course before signing.

Reactions: 4 users
Maybe... but our practice is hiring and we don’t discuss specifics in a public forum like this. I’d have the same response (actually no, I’d shoot the guy a DM and discuss there and probably do so on the phone). It’s asking for trouble, and can attract some unwanted attention particularly from administration. We don’t exactly have anything to hide, but PP folks should consider their whole employment package/partnership track something of a trade secret (or at least the specifics). Also, SDN has a penchant for ripping apart every practice that isn’t a MD only unicorn 90% percentile MGMA in a huge mountain city so...

All this being said a prospective doc should know all the details of course before signing.

Let me clarify, I do not mind that they discuss the details in PM. Many groups I've talked to have done so off the public forum and it is wise to do so.

However, none of the groups asked for my CV before we talked more. The people that ask for CV upfront are the agencies. Because they offer nothing but being a middleman.

I do have a problem with agencies because they often massage the truth (to be generous) and have no incentive to ensure the potential doctor is a good fit with the group, only that the match occurs. Their incentives do not align with the anesthesia group or the doctor being hired.

I'm on mobile and I didn't realize that OP is an established member of this forum. So I retract my statement about them being a middle man.

Reactions: 4 users
I always ask for a CV first. If I see some major red flags then why waste each others’ time? Also anesthesia is a fairly small world. If I can find a connection through either my contacts or a colleague, then you bet I’m doing a little Sherlock Holmes digging.

Reactions: 1 users
I see no problem asking for a CV before moving further. It saves both parties a lot of time. It can certainly backfire against an applicant for multiple reasons but in reality, if a practice was hiring in GA and all else being equal they saw I wasn't licensed in GA it would be fair for them to question my genuine interest.

I see no problem asking for a CV before moving further. It saves both parties a lot of time. It can certainly backfire against an applicant for multiple reasons but in reality, if a practice was hiring in GA and all else being equal they saw I wasn't licensed in GA it would be fair for them to question my genuine interest.

but all he asked was a salary RANGE. it isn't moving that far. while the cv can save both parties time if employer is not interested, the salary range can too, probably more likely than not, salary range of jobs will save more time than looking at someones CV. PM is fine though

Reactions: 2 users
I would hope you release the broad strokes before an in person interview. I didn’t pursue a few jobs that offered me an interview because they just didn’t pay enough. I don’t want to bust my hump, take tons of call, etc. but I also know what a good job pays and what I’m worth. Interviews at those places would have wasted our time and their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.