• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Hiring for private practice group in NJ right outside Philly

PulseOx

10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2010
PM me if interested

Full-time general anesthesiologist partnership track position with a large stable anesthesia practice.

WJAA is a large physician-owned and managed private practice group that has been in business for 47 years. We provide excellent anesthesia services in pleasant working environment.

Our varied case mix includes ENT, general surgery, gyn surgery orthopedics with blocks, obstetrics, pediatrics, plastics, thoracic and vascular, as well as multiple ambulatory surgery sites. Our practice does not include craniotomies, trauma, cardiac, or transplant surgery.

We maintain a strong working relationship with the health system and surgeons. Philadelphia is within commuting distance, and a number of desirable suburban communities surround our hospitals.

We are hiring for a full-time anesthesiologist position on a three-year partnership track. You will be entitled to a competitive salary and benefits package, including no-cost employee health insurance a generous 401(k) match and profit-sharing. We enjoy an excellent work-life balance with manageable hours, home OR call, and post-call days off. Comfort and experience with healthy pediatric cases is a plus but not required. New grads are welcome.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

AdmiralChz

10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2008
Mid-Atlantic
  1. Attending Physician
Ahh the true slogan of a middle man.

Maybe... but our practice is hiring and we don’t discuss specifics in a public forum like this. I’d have the same response (actually no, I’d shoot the guy a DM and discuss there and probably do so on the phone). It’s asking for trouble, and can attract some unwanted attention particularly from administration. We don’t exactly have anything to hide, but PP folks should consider their whole employment package/partnership track something of a trade secret (or at least the specifics). Also, SDN has a penchant for ripping apart every practice that isn’t a MD only unicorn 90% percentile MGMA in a huge mountain city so...

All this being said a prospective doc should know all the details of course before signing.

Reactions: 4 users

dchz

Avoiding the Dunning-Kruger
7+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2012
Unplugged
  1. Attending Physician
Maybe... but our practice is hiring and we don’t discuss specifics in a public forum like this. I’d have the same response (actually no, I’d shoot the guy a DM and discuss there and probably do so on the phone). It’s asking for trouble, and can attract some unwanted attention particularly from administration. We don’t exactly have anything to hide, but PP folks should consider their whole employment package/partnership track something of a trade secret (or at least the specifics). Also, SDN has a penchant for ripping apart every practice that isn’t a MD only unicorn 90% percentile MGMA in a huge mountain city so...

All this being said a prospective doc should know all the details of course before signing.

Let me clarify, I do not mind that they discuss the details in PM. Many groups I've talked to have done so off the public forum and it is wise to do so.

However, none of the groups asked for my CV before we talked more. The people that ask for CV upfront are the agencies. Because they offer nothing but being a middleman.

I do have a problem with agencies because they often massage the truth (to be generous) and have no incentive to ensure the potential doctor is a good fit with the group, only that the match occurs. Their incentives do not align with the anesthesia group or the doctor being hired.

I'm on mobile and I didn't realize that OP is an established member of this forum. So I retract my statement about them being a middle man.

Reactions: 4 users

PulseOx

10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2010
Just to clarify I am a partner in the group. I simply asked for a CV so show good faith that the OP is actually interested in our practice . I want to maintain professionalism and integrity, and discussing this in a public forum may not be the best place. We are not an AMC and do not recruit with salary information in the job posting

I am happy to provide more details to more serious applicants. Also if you read Greenbays previous posts it looks like he has already accepted a job offer for another practice. He also has not yet PMed me.
If any more serious applicants are interested I would be happy to speak with you.

Reactions: 3 users

Gaseous Clay

10+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2008
  1. Attending Physician
I always ask for a CV first. If I see some major red flags then why waste each others’ time? Also anesthesia is a fairly small world. If I can find a connection through either my contacts or a colleague, then you bet I’m doing a little Sherlock Holmes digging.

Reactions: 1 users

Twiggidy

Manny Rivers Cuomo
5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2015
I see no problem asking for a CV before moving further. It saves both parties a lot of time. It can certainly backfire against an applicant for multiple reasons but in reality, if a practice was hiring in GA and all else being equal they saw I wasn't licensed in GA it would be fair for them to question my genuine interest.

anbuitachi

10+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2008
Utah
  1. Attending Physician
I see no problem asking for a CV before moving further. It saves both parties a lot of time. It can certainly backfire against an applicant for multiple reasons but in reality, if a practice was hiring in GA and all else being equal they saw I wasn't licensed in GA it would be fair for them to question my genuine interest.

but all he asked was a salary RANGE. it isn't moving that far. while the cv can save both parties time if employer is not interested, the salary range can too, probably more likely than not, salary range of jobs will save more time than looking at someones CV. PM is fine though

Reactions: 2 users
Nov 24, 2007
The ivory tower.
  1. Attending Physician
I would hope you release the broad strokes before an in person interview. I didn’t pursue a few jobs that offered me an interview because they just didn’t pay enough. I don’t want to bust my hump, take tons of call, etc. but I also know what a good job pays and what I’m worth. Interviews at those places would have wasted our time and their money.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.