Histo, Physio shelf exams help needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doublecortin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if people who have recently taken them have specific recommendations on how to prepare for these shelf?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

For histo, I'd highly recommend Pre-Test. The questions are tricky, but they have a lot of EMs and pictures, which were quite common.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used the respective BRS books for both. Histo was a straight-up joke. Upper years told us not to sweat it, and it was true. Physio was tough but, again, BRS is great for it. Pre-test for both is good as well.

I used the respective BRS books for both. Histo was a straight-up joke. Upper years told us not to sweat it, and it was true. Physio was tough but, again, BRS is great for it. Pre-test for both is good as well.
Thanks for all the replies!

A couple of years ago people were saying that Physio shelf had a lot of pathophysiology so it was helpful to look over First Aid path section. Would you recommend that?

I can't comment on Physio, but definitely reiterate the point abt. Histo... while I wouldn't call it "a joke"; it was the easiest of the first 4 shelves (shelfs???) I've taken.

Hmmm I don't really remember much of the exam to be honest with you. I would look at First Aid anyway (at least the Physio part). I forgot to mention, but for every shelf, I did just that at the end of my study process - look at FA just to sum it all up. I didn't look at the Path part when I studied, and I did well. If you have time, and wanna be safe, I suppose you could look at pathology but I wouldn't say it's necessary.