histo/pics/ct/mri/etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cashmoney

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if someone could tell me if it is possible to answer questions on step 1 w/0 knowing what the hell image we're looking at. Or is it possible there will be just an image and you must know it to answer the question? (i understand that they are usually supplementary, but am not certain). and by image i mean everything like blood smears (histo crap), ct , etc. thank you.
diddy

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard from multiple people that a lot of questions with pictures can be answered without looking at the picture. Although, I'm sure that there are some questions that rely on basic concepts in the pictures, I don't think they expect us to be pathologists/histologists. I think most of the pictures that are "necessary" for the question are going to be graphs and things, where we have to deduce the answer, etc. But who knows, this is just the word on the street...

Sometimes the pictures are necessary

Sometimes they are not necessary but make it much easier to figure out

Sometimes they are not necessary

Sorry to be vague. You should know classic histo and heme findings, histopath and gross path, and be able to tell when something huge and obvious is present on imaging.