Histology Helpers: a new comprehensive histology video series

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HistoHelper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi sdn! Last year as an M1 myself, and 6 of my classmates created a comprehensive video series called Histology Helpers. We were watching the shotgun histology videos, and felt that they could be much improved. Over the course of the semester we created 19 videos targeting each of the organ systems (muscle, skin, digestive, lymph, urinary etc).

Our classmates found that watching these videos was a great way to learn the histology and the identifying factors of each tissue type. Every year there are posts on this forum asking for histology resources, and due to the success of the videos here at our school we have decided to release them to the public.

It was suggested to us that we sell the series to a textbook company and score some quick cash. But that's not us. We put a TON of work into making these videos, and want to provide a free resource to help expand human knowledge that anybody can access anywhere in the world.

Anyways, your feedback would be much appreciated!

Some classic histo videos to start with would be:

Episode 13: Skin

Episode 6: Muscle

Episode 4: Bone & Cartilage

Finally, our first episode on different cell types and staining sucked (we didn't know what we were doing). So we are going to re-film it before we release it.

Here is a link to our channel!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsh2p0hdUd5xoFnQtYD-omde3EkRv0fl-

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Awesome! I'll check this out tonight and give some feedback. Thanks for sharing!

Subscribed to the channel! Watched a few minutes of the muscle episode and was thoroughly impressed. Thanks for all the hard work y'all put into making those, it shows. Another tool in the arsenal to take on Histology this year!

Members don't see this ad :)
We are glad it helps. Our goal is for you to understand the tissue after watching one 8-15 minute video. Feel free to pass it along to your friends!

Reactions: 1 users
this is absolutely incredible. thanks a ton for doing this

Reactions: 1 user
Perfect, there's videos on the Epithelium and I've got an exam over that coming up soon. Thanks a bunch!

These are awesome! Thank you for sharing them.

Excellent! I heard some of my classmates talking about this yesterday, I guess more people read SDN than post on it.

Excellent videos! The quality of information seems on par with what i'm learning in lectures, and the video editing and graphics make it easy to watch. I'm looking forward to more videos!

Excellent! I heard some of my classmates talking about this yesterday, I guess more people read SDN than post on it.

Awesome! We are relying on word of mouth and the quality of our videos to get them seen, so its great to hear that people are talking about them!

Excellent videos! The quality of information seems on par with what i'm learning in lectures, and the video editing and graphics make it easy to watch. I'm looking forward to more videos!
Thanks!

I made an account on SDN specifically to thank you for making these videos! The histology curriculum at my school is a little bit different from the course at my school, but these videos provide an excellent overview of the material. They are short and loaded with high yield material - excellent work. Thanks again. Can't wait to share these with my classmates.

I made an account on SDN specifically to thank you for making these videos! The histology curriculum at my school is a little bit different from the course at my school, but these videos provide an excellent overview of the material. They are short and loaded with high yield material - excellent work. Thanks again. Can't wait to share these with my classmates.
Wow I'm glad that we were able to help you out so much! Also, welcome to sdn!