History classes for English requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2ndthoughts

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I suppose the best policy is to contact the school directly, but do DO schools accept history classes as substitute for the English requirement? I have one semester of English, but I've heard that most DO schools require two semesters.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I suppose the best policy is to contact the school directly, but do DO schools accept history classes as substitute for the English requirement? I have one semester of English, but I've heard that most DO schools require two semesters.

Thanks.

I highly doubt it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard once that art class is a substitute for philosophy. Truths?

Thanks.

Is philosophy required?

I thought most UG programs required philosophy and more than 1 semester of english?

https://aacomas.aacom.org/survey/views/client/aacomas/collegesInstructions4.html

English Requirement: If you fulfilled your undergraduate institution's English requirement with a course(s) outside of the English Department, list the appropriate course(s), up to six semester hours, as English. Make a notation that this course(s) was approved as fulfilling your English requirement by your institution at the end of the Personal Statement. Contact the AACOMAS office with any questions or irregularities.