History Major??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kal ka doctor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get into med school.. is History major a wise choice??I will be transferring to a UC school, most likely UCLA. i am really fascinated with studying world history and anything around that genre .thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

kal ka doctor said:
I am looking to get into med school.. is History major a wise choice??I will be transferring to a UC school, most likely UCLA. i am really fascinated with studying world history and anything around that genre .thanks in advance.

OF COURSE!!! youll need to take all the required prereqs obviously, but a history major is certainly a fine choice. Some schools even go so far as to almost prefer nonscience majors. Doctors arent JUST doctors. good luck.

kal ka doctor said:

Go for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, yep, but make sure you have some research/clinical ECs to go along with your lovely history major.

ya im trying to transfer into UCLA has a Middle Eastern/North African Studies major. I have other concern id also like to talk about, which is that.. i am early graduate from High School, i graduated as a junior. I went to UNLV(University or Nevada Las Vegas) for the first semester and then transfered to SMC for the spring with hopes of transferring to a UC. So Far these are my grades:

UNLV Fall 05':
Arabic - B
Political Science - B
Cultural Anthro - B
Microeconomics - B

SMC (Santa Monica College) Spring 06':
Biology - C+
Chemistry - B
Pyschology - B

UNLV Summer 06':
Calculus I - A

So current GPA is 3.0, I personally think i wasnt ready for college the first 2 semesters.. and showed improvement by pulling out an A in Calc. I know for a fact that ill get a better GPA as a sophomore. How are chances for med schools? thanks in advance SD'ers!!!

ya im trying to transfer into UCLA has a Middle Eastern/North African Studies major. I have other concern id also like to talk about, which is that.. i am early graduate from High School, i graduated as a junior. I went to UNLV(University or Nevada Las Vegas) for the first semester and then transfered to SMC for the spring with hopes of transferring to a UC. So Far these are my grades:

UNLV Fall 05':
Arabic - B
Political Science - B
Cultural Anthro - B
Microeconomics - B

Biology - C+
Chemistry - B
Pyschology - B

UNLV Summer 06':
Calculus I - A

So current GPA is 3.0, I personally think i wasnt ready for college the first 2 semesters.. and showed improvement by pulling out an A in Calc. I know for a fact that ill get a better GPA as a sophomore. How are my chances for med schools? thanks in advance SD'ers!!!

kal ka doctor said:

UNLV Fall 05':
Arabic - B
Political Science - B
Cultural Anthro - B
Microeconomics - B

Biology - C+
Chemistry - B
Pyschology - B

UNLV Summer 06':
Calculus I - A

So current GPA is 3.0, I personally think i wasnt ready for college the first 2 semesters.. and showed improvement by pulling out an A in Calc. I know for a fact that ill get a better GPA as a sophomore. How are my chances for med schools? thanks in advance SD'ers!!!

It's still too early for you to ask what your chances for med school are. If you show some decent improvement over the next couple of years, I see no reason you won't be in the game.

would med schools care to interpret why i had a 3.0( due to early graduation for HS) the first year??

kal ka doctor said:

As long as you do well and you like it, it won't be a problem.

kal ka doctor said:

I was, you'll be fine.