Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Hmm. . .any advice for an ambitious sophomore?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by JulianCrane, Feb 22, 2002.

1. JulianCrane

JulianCrane The Power of Intention
    10+ Year Member

Hey guys! I know many of you a full of great information and have gone through the experience that I am so to undertake. Any advice for me in getting into med school? I decided to take physics this summer and also be an RA for a high school program. What is the difference between physics during the year and physics in the summer? Any other tips? Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JulianCrane

JulianCrane The Power of Intention
    10+ Year Member

Anyone?????

4. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member
    7+ Year Member

Yes- chill out. You're scaring me. Have some fun. Do some stuff you enjoy (be that knitting or go cart racing). Do well in school. See ya in med school! --Trek

5. zora

zora New Member

do what you truly enjoy( activities, courses, research etc) and don't try to do things just because you think they will improve your chances for acceptance--the adcom will see right through you.PURSUE YOUR TRUE PASSION. I have fiends who majored in Third World Politics even though they had their eyes set on medschool.THEY ARE IN!(by the way, they still took the medsch prereqs--gen bio, chem, etc). Good luck.

6. reesie0726

reesie0726 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

That's basically it. Have fun! Make good grades. There is not much difference between summer physics and regular semester. Just in a shorter time frame.