Hmmm...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Castro Viejo

Papa Clot Buster
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So lemme understand this.

In the weeks leading up to my attempt at the USMLE Step 2, OwlMyste was a regular on SDN, inciting riots and being SDN's most prolific poster since SFN. OwlMyste was among the many reasons I started checking in with SDN several times a day, just to procrastinate.

I took my Step 2 on May 23. It was hard.

But I was happy to be done with it, for at that point I knew I could focus all my attention on SDN and be enthralled with the happenings of our fine feathered friend.

Now she's gone. She hasn't posted in a long, long time. This must be some kind of conspiracy.

So she graduates high school and now she's too good for SDN? What the crap? What gives? OwlMyste where are you? What have you finally decided on as a career?

Womansurg, GI Guy, and a lot of other people (me included) need to know.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you INSANE? Why are you calling back the demon?

Why did you take step 2 so late? I guess it wasn't a graduation requirement for you. Our school c-blocked us and made us take it by January.

mike

Originally posted by ******
So lemme understand this.

In the weeks leading up to my attempt at the USMLE Step 2, OwlMyste was a regular on SDN, inciting riots and being SDN's most prolific poster since SFN. OwlMyste was among the many reasons I started checking in with SDN several times a day, just to procrastinate.

I took my Step 2 on May 23. It was hard.

But I was happy to be done with it, for at that point I knew I could focus all my attention on SDN and be enthralled with the happenings of our fine feathered friend.

Now she's gone. She hasn't posted in a long, long time. This must be some kind of conspiracy.

So she graduates high school and now she's too good for SDN? What the crap? What gives? OwlMyste where are you? What have you finally decided on as a career?

Womansurg, GI Guy, and a lot of other people (me included) need to know.

I think Downstate is one of like 16 schools in the country that doesn't require Step 2 for graduation. That really is a crappy policy, as taking Step 2 five days before you graduate is not the easiest thing to do sometimes. :)

Originally posted by ******
I think Downstate is one of like 16 schools in the country that doesn't require Step 2 for graduation. That really is a crappy policy, as taking Step 2 five days before you graduate is not the easiest thing to do sometimes. :)

Hi there,
I took Step II in September of my 4th year. All of the programs that I did interviews asked me if I had taken the exam. I was glad to answer in the affirmative. Besides, Internal Medicine had been my last rotation so it was fresh in my head. I hated the long passages and endless questions.

Nothing between me and graduation except vacation and a couple of electives = Medical school is great. :D

Take Step II early and get it out of the way. Step III coming up for me in a couple of weeks. Glad to get this out of the way along with internship. OR here I come!!!

njbmd:clap:

I took step II late also. No one asked me about it at interviews. My step I score was decent, so maybe that made it a non-issue. Turns out my II score was better, so would've justed helped anyway.

I took step III during my fifth year of residency. Let me just be clear on this:
THIS IS BAD. DO NOT DO THIS.
If I would've failed for some reason, it would've delayed my graduation, and I would be, shall we say, bitter? My score was solid, as it turns out, thank god.

Now my program has a little ol' rule in place: no promotion to third year unless you've taken step III :p .