HMS done sending interview invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Treg

Surgeon in training
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to their website, "Applicants selected for interviews will be notified by the first week in January." Does this mean if we haven't heard that we are getting the shaft? Not that I was expecting an interview, but it would be nice to scratch a school of my list for sure :cool: Treg

(here is the link in case anyone doesn't believe me)

Members don't see this ad.

I think they might be, or if they have any spots left there are only a couple. I scheduled my interview recently and they were pretty much filled into mid-February.

I got my new pathways interview last friday (Jan 7). The dates they offered were early/mid Feb.

FYI, I submitted my app very very late.

Members don't see this ad :)
The email informing me that my application was complete said the following (and I cut and pasted this, just to make sure):

"Applicants selected for interviews will have been notified by the third week of January. Offers of acceptance will be made from this group. All applicants will be notified by mail of our final decision by the second week of March."

This is what my complete e-mail said:

"Applicants selected for interviews will have been notified by the second week of January. Offers of acceptance will be made from this group. All applicants will be notified by mail of our final decision by the second week of March."

So, what's Harvard's deal?! Their website says the first week while some e-mails say second or third... JEEZ!

Ambs said:
This is what my complete e-mail said:

"Applicants selected for interviews will have been notified by the second week of January. Offers of acceptance will be made from this group. All applicants will be notified by mail of our final decision by the second week of March."

So, what's Harvard's deal?! Their website says the first week while some e-mails say second or third... JEEZ!

Well, mine was dated Nov. 30th... if yours was earlier, maybe they started to realize that it would take longer than previously anticipated? I would doubt that the website would have been updated since the early fall, since they probably only do an update prior to each application cycle.

my email: "Applicants selected for interviews will have been notified by the third week of January."

im holding out hope.

IndyZX said:
my email: "Applicants selected for interviews will have been notified by the third week of January."

im holding out hope.

same for me, says 3rd week of january.

yah, mine says 3rd wk too; i recieved a confrim pretty late too. i think it was dated 11/22. There is hope yet :thumbup:

IndyZX said:

im holding out hope.

Indy,

That's a lot of personal information you have up there on that facebook site. Your cell phone number, too? Come on.

Spitting Camel said:
Indy,

That's a lot of personal information you have up there on that facebook site. Your cell phone number, too? Come on.
what do you mean? i dont see the problem, its just for fun.

IndyZX said:

I guess it's just me, but I wouldn't want my info all over the intenet. And connected to my MDapplicants file and picture, although it's a pretty good picture of you. Do you have an accent since you've lived all over?

Spitting Camel said:
I guess it's just me, but I wouldn't want my info all over the intenet. And connected to my MDapplicants file and picture, although it's a pretty good picture of you. Do you have an accent since you've lived all over?
yeah, i can understand how some would be squeamish about that. honestly, i think people find it interesting... i know i would like to find out more about some other SDNers :) puts a face on us, you know?

no accent really (prob a mild texas one), bc i was firmly entrenched in america by age 4. i do wish i had my british one though -- that works in the bars. haha.

[sorry, i didnt mean to hijack the thread]

so when I interviewed at HMS in Dec, it seemed as though they were REALLY behind. I mean, come on, they are even offering interviews on Saturdays! Also, they alluded to the fact that admissions decisions may not be read by the second week of March, and that we should bear with them....

I agree, the email I received said that they will continue sending out inteview invites until the THIRD week of Jan...so there's still hope, and I would even imagine that maybe they will send out invitations even a bit later...just my 0.02 cents.

Best of luck,

:luck:

if you call, you will lean that they are backed up and will not be finished sending out interview invites until early feb

IndyZX said:

A 'stalker' should know better. :p

JDAD said:
if you call, you will lean that they are backed up and will not be finished sending out interview invites until early feb

What is this "call" you speak of? :p

Seriously though - thanks for the info. There's still some hope (albeit a small, small sliver) !

IndyZX said:

hey indy, hot pic you have there! i had my cell phone number up on the facebook back when it was a smaller operation so i didn't worry too much about it. HOWEVER, i got a call from a 37 year old gentleman asking me out. When i said no, he then emailed me a 80 page "autobiography" of his life and why he was such a great catch. it also included a primer on venture capitalism(his job) and the use of microsoft office, among other things. it was and is the strangest thing i have ever recieved via email. i forwarded it to my friends and pretty soon strangers were contacting me saying they had recieved it and it was the funniest most bizarre forward ever. if anyone wants it, pm me your email addresss. it includes him saying things like how he doesn't like women who talk too much about themselves......

CarleneM said:
hey indy, hot pic you have there! i had my cell phone number up on the facebook back when it was a smaller operation so i didn't worry too much about it. HOWEVER, i got a call from a 37 year old gentleman asking me out. When i said no, he then emailed me a 80 page "autobiography" of his life and why he was such a great catch. it also included a primer on venture capitalism(his job) and the use of microsoft office, among other things. it was and is the strangest thing i have ever recieved via email. i forwarded it to my friends and pretty soon strangers were contacting me saying they had recieved it and it was the funniest most bizarre forward ever. if anyone wants it, pm me your email addresss. it includes him saying things like how he doesn't like women who talk too much about themselves......
haha, yeah, as a guy, you dont usually have to worry about that kind of thing :)

Carlene:

having seen you in person and that hot pic you have on facebook, i'm not surprised! ;)

that said, I'd be curious to read it. I certainly need amusement. The (lack of) news has been driving me nuts.

CarleneM said: