Hogwarts School of Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm at the gym this morning... and they always have CNN on the TV.

http://blastr.com/2011/07/whats-the-true-cost-of-ho.php

What is the true cost of a Hogwarts Education??

They say we probably can't afford it. Idiots... they don't realize that medical school is MORE expensive. :laugh:

You know the funny thing is there are private schools in England that are like that like the private all boys school On Harrow Hill.

I've heard of stories from my cousin's wife and my cousin of such.

Anyone else disappointed at the inconsistencies at the very end? They should have kept true to the final battle scene from the book, not created their own. I was looking forward to the scene where Neville gets stunned, and Voldy puts the flaming sorting hat on his head right before he kills Nagini. Instead, he was just blown back and Nagini starts on that ridiculous chase after Ron and Hermione. I was also looking forward to an emotional ending that detailed the deaths of Fred, Tonks, and Remus a little more, but instead we got a split second clip of them. The scene with Harry and Voldy flying around was unnecessary. And they didn't even end it with an Expelliarmus spell causing the Avada Kedavra to rebound. Instead, they connected their wands again!! Where was that in the book?? How disappointing?

And before you ask, no I'm not mad. :) It was a great movie, I just wish they would have been more consistent with the book. I couldn't enjoy the end because of all those altered details.

Agreed I wasn't too happy with the changes. Also, the movie was only 2 hours long. They easily could've put more into the movie since there are plenty of 3 hour movies out there (which aren't nearly as interesting as HP :laugh:).

i submitted my secondary MONTHS ago...what is taking so long!!!

I got removed from the High Priority WL from Hogwarts, but I am looking towards Waverly Place.

I just got my NEWTs back. Is an A in History of Magic going to keep me from getting in? Should I retake?

Why haven't I seen this thread before? :love:

professor flitwick is taking forever to get my LOR in.. not to mention they're using the slowest owl for delivery as well. how bad is this gonna hurt my app if it's not in till Halloween?

I helped deliver troll babies in Scandinavia. Do you think the adcomms will think I am trying too hard? I really want to get into Hogwarts SOM because I hear it's a feeder school for residencies at St. Mungo's HMMI.

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 1 user
I'm wondering if the College of Medicine at the American School of Magic at Ilvermorny in Massachusetts will eventually be listed by the AAMC, or if applications will continue to be managed independently.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/books/2016/06/28/new-rowling-story-set-massachusetts/58mYzXiAyVaD9pIW6jouRM/story.html?s_campaign=bostonglobe:socialflow:twitter

I'm looking forward to the November movie release. Anyone else with me?
Right there with you, Catalystik

I hope Ilvermorny has a regional program. I live in CT, but we have no high-caliber magical medical schools here.

Also, man, that secondary prompt about the time you solved a problem without magic is difficult! What sorts of things did you all talk about?

I hope Ilvermorny has a regional program. I live in CT, but we have no high-caliber magical medical schools here.
You're forgetting about Yale. We look and feel like Hogwarts

9434156855_b534d34c0e_b.jpg

Wait is that really at Yale? Now I want to go there even more!
Yup, it's Commons, our largest dining hall. Which apparently has the worst food, ironically lol

Also, man, that secondary prompt about the time you solved a problem without magic is difficult! What sorts of things did you all talk about?
How about: How to get to an interview without using the Floo Network. Muggle transportation is so complex.

How about: How to get to an interview without using the Floo Network. Muggle transportation is so complex.
I know, right? I was trying to get to an interview out in the midwest, but I couldn't just apparate there or use the Floo Network! First, I had to take a car to the airport, where I proceeded to get onto this thing called a "plane." It's amazing that muggles have learned to fly without broomsticks and all, but seriously?! A metal tube with wings is supposed to take me halfway across the country? And they make you go through so much security before boarding one! A muggle man basically felt me up to determine if I had any contraband on me, and they make you go through a complicated rig that detects metal. Spells are so much easier. And then, when I got to the city that my interview was in, I had to take an underground train to get there.

I mean, seriously, schools ought to compensate us for going through all this trouble. Sheesh.