"HOLD For Comparison" at Kentucky email. Did anyone else get it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

needa20

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from Kentucky saying they reviewed my application. It says they expressed interest in my application but they only accept 15 out of state applicants; and they are holding it for comparison. they will notify me of any info regarding an interview...

Has anyone else gotten this email? I guess its good that they did not flat out reject me... With my 18AA and 19TS dat, and 3.3 gpa my stats are not steller, but maybe they like the MBA...

anyone else get email like this?

Members don't see this ad.

I got that email last year. Never heard from them again with regards to my application. I hope that isn't the case for you, but I wouldn't get to excited.

I applied to the school but have not received any e-mails from them. My AADSAS says under review

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know whats up with UK and AADSAS. I've already had my interview there and my AADSAS status is still blank.

guess i wont hold my breath...

anyone else get this email?

I got it too. I'm pretty pissed. I am hoping this isn't the last I hear from them. I'm in state, I guess they didn't like my app. I'm hoping the one interview I had so far is enough. It only takes one, right? Keeping my fingers crossed!

anyone else get this email and end up getting interview or get denied?

received the same email last year. I was never asked to come interview. Then received a rejection later. Basically I think you are in a holding pattern. They want to see if the big out of state whales are going to apply before they decide what to do with you.

I got the email last night very similar stats AA 18 TS 19 gpa 3.5 .... sounds to me like I am basically rejected.... I think its there way of saying your competitive but not good enough for one of our 15 spots which is pretty small in general.... Hopefully I am wrong but the odds of getting an interview and getting accepted to one of 15 spots seems pretty small right now

I just got an email from Kentucky saying they reviewed my application. It says they expressed interest in my application but they only accept 15 out of state applicants; and they are holding it for comparison. they will notify me of any info regarding an interview...

Has anyone else gotten this email? I guess its good that they did not flat out reject me... With my 18AA and 19TS dat, and 3.3 gpa my stats are not steller, but maybe they like the MBA...

My stats are similar (check my predents) and I was rejected today.

My stats are similar (check my predents) and I was rejected today.

did you get that same email and then a rejection? or did they just send a rejection to start with?

I'm out of state and got a "you're almost an interview candidate, now please fill out this pretty long secondary to see if we actually want to interview you" email. Did you get that one first??

I got this email too..few days ago.
My stats are 23/25/23
Oh, well.. I guess they really want someone really really special...:scared:

I got that email. So now I guess we just wait. Has anyone gotten an interview that is out of state?

Rejection came today via e-mail on a Sunday to boot!

well i guess with only 15 out of state spots, it will be kind of hard for me to get an interview. Ill just pray and wait for God to open the door somewhere

good luck to all

I checked predents, there were a couple of out of state interviews. one with 19/19 DAt

I just got the same e-mail. I'm disappointed and a little confused... I thought I would be competitive with 3.8+ GPA and 22 DAT, although I'm out of state and I submitted in Sept. Has anyone in the past received this e-mail and ended up getting an interview, or better yet, an acceptance?

I got this email too..few days ago.
My stats are 23/25/23
Oh, well.. I guess they really want someone really really special...:scared:
Ya, I got a 30/30/30 and I haven't heard anything.

....or maybe its because I haven't applied?

since my thread got bumped, ill update that i have still not heard anything from Kentucky since that email. in the email it said to update them if anything changes. I have another letter of recc from a dentist that I may have sent to them.

like i said before, not holding my breath. God has helped me out this far, He will take me the rest of the way; even if it is only with 2 interviews so far