Hold for Interviews-- is there any hope?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubabugster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a hold for an interview at UCSD and a deferred decision for an interview at U of Penn. Are those most likely going to be rejections? What is the deal with holds anyways--if the adcom is iffy about the applicant, I think rejection is the way to go-- why place us in limbo? Has anyone had experience with this and how holds turn out? I have 3 actual interviews so far, but I hope I can get more. I reallllyy want to go to med school!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I want to go to med shcool too. And I think everybody else on this forum. Just kidding bud. Yeah, I wanna know what the deal wiht holds are. Anybody from last cycle who can enlighten us? Did anybody actually get any interviews from holds or are we just back ups in case hell (or AMCAS) freezes over and they don't get any more applicants ?

I think we may just be backups for the situation you cited. Im now on hold at two schools so Id love to be optimistic and say we may get interviews but I am considering them rejections.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any way that we can call them up and be like "give me an interview?" I set up an appointment with the director at chicago but honestly, I don't know what the flip I'm going to say. Any suggestions?

Hmm, good idea. I don't know-- maybe express your interest in attending that school and uodate him/her on your recent activities.