Hold for Interviews What to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckymed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone of you are hold for interviews or had experienced it. What would you do insteading of just waiting? Should I send them a letter of intent or give them a call? Any advice will be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

It hasn't happened to me at one of my first choice schools...but if it were too I think I would just send them updated info to show I was still interested--Send them an official copy of my fall grades as well as a short one page letter describing my activities since my AMCAS submission. That way you are not blatantly saying anything but they are aware that you still are interested in the school and trying to keep up the good work! I would worry about how other types of letters might be interpreted...but I guess it depends on what you are comfortable with...good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on hold at Albany and they said to keep calling to check my status. Other schools may not be as applicant friendly though.

Originally posted by DaniC:
•I'm on hold at Albany and they said to keep calling to check my status. Other schools may not be as applicant friendly though.•••

DaniC: are u on hold for an interview or acceptance at albany. i had my interview and now i think that im on hold for an acceptance. they too told me to keep calling each week. although i wanna know, i kind of feel strange about calling them every week. what are u doing?

Hey CU,

How do you know that you are on hold at Albany? I have interviewed there too..and haven't received anything yet. When i called, I was told that my application is still "under consideration". I read in the interviewfeedback forum (last year's) that those who don't get an instant acceptance, are either rejected or held. When the waitlist is put together, they are supposed to let you know if they will select you for it or will no longer consider you. So..I am wondering if at this point we are waiting for the waitlist/eventually acceptance or acceptance directly? I figured that if they wanted to reject us..we would have heard in a couple of weeks. Does any of this make sense or am I way off? :(

Thanks!