SpeedRacer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2005
Status
yo the kaplan light and optics chapter is like 98908230948 pages long, but i never noticed more than one or two discrete questions on any of the practice tests for aamc or kaplan... how much do we need to study this?? is it really worth spending all that time mastering it?

Prophecies

...I bleed orange...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
Texas
Status
Yes...on my exam (April 2004) I had two complete passages on optics/electricity, as well as several non-passage based questions. Optics should be a serious topic of study, just like the other topics you have already studied.

I would recommend, however, that you check out the ExamKracker's physics book for help with optics. They have a great chapter on it...plus Kaplan tends to give you extra information you don't need for the MCAT. Good luck to you! :luck:

stoleyerscrubz

Registered User and Stuff
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2004
NY
Status
Medical Student
There was a tough optics passage on one of the 2004 MCAT exams that I remember everyone complaining about.

Someone posted a link to a website on optics that was helpful. Saves me a trip to the physics lab since I was going to practice with some lenses. Click "cancel" and the page will load in english. requires JAVA

http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/java/Lens/lens_e.html

EK is a good suggestion. very short chapter on it.

OP
SpeedRacer

SpeedRacer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2005
Status
thanks guys. i often need to be scared into studying.