1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

hold vs waitlist

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Suz177, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Suz177

Suz177 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Is there a difference between hold and waitlist? I got a letter from CWRU saying they are putting me in the hold pile for further review throughout the year. This was after my interview, btw.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Sometimes a hold, at least with the UCs, means that they're waiting to send you an interview invite or secondary. That's the only time I think there's a difference. After you've interviewed and you haven't been rejected or accepted...you're on a waitlist and being held.

4. I got the same HOLD from CWRU (kinda bummed because I interviewed so well and they were so complementary towards me). I think another school explained to me what it meant. A HOLD means that in every session that the ADCOM meets to discuss the recent interviewed candidates....they also discuss the HOLD people and amongst all of them..... send out acceptances.

I think a wait-list is more of a thing where you are ranked somewhere on it and wait until that many people before you withdraw. Then you will be accepted. Usually, wait-list start in April or May.

Hope that helps and I not sure if it is all fact.

5. Suz177

Suz177 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Do they do holds instead of a waitlist or can you be placed on them for different reasons?

6. intoxicatedtiger

15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I've heard that all applicants that aren't accepted are put on hold at this point. No rejections until later down the road.