1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

hold vs waitlist

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Suz177, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Suz177

Suz177 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Is there a difference between hold and waitlist? I got a letter from CWRU saying they are putting me in the hold pile for further review throughout the year. This was after my interview, btw.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Sometimes a hold, at least with the UCs, means that they're waiting to send you an interview invite or secondary. That's the only time I think there's a difference. After you've interviewed and you haven't been rejected or accepted...you're on a waitlist and being held.

4. I got the same HOLD from CWRU (kinda bummed because I interviewed so well and they were so complementary towards me). I think another school explained to me what it meant. A HOLD means that in every session that the ADCOM meets to discuss the recent interviewed candidates....they also discuss the HOLD people and amongst all of them..... send out acceptances.

I think a wait-list is more of a thing where you are ranked somewhere on it and wait until that many people before you withdraw. Then you will be accepted. Usually, wait-list start in April or May.

Hope that helps and I not sure if it is all fact.

5. Suz177

Suz177 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Do they do holds instead of a waitlist or can you be placed on them for different reasons?

6. intoxicatedtiger

15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I've heard that all applicants that aren't accepted are put on hold at this point. No rejections until later down the road.