SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

holding acceptances pre-may

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by matthew0126, Feb 6, 2002.

  1. matthew0126

    matthew0126 Anaheim Angels 7+ Year Member

    Feb 2, 2002
    S. California
    hey guys. i know it's taboo to hold more than one acceptance after may, and besides, med schools get pissed off and start threatening you, etc etc

    but what about before may? if there's no chance that you'll go to that school, might as well withdraw, but what if you aren't sure say with 3-4 schools, and you hold those acceptances... will other schools hesitate to give you an acceptance like they do post-may? thanks :p
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. THE instiGATOR

    THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper 7+ Year Member

    Sep 27, 2001
    Unless you tell the schools, I don't think they'll know.
  4. Doctora Foxy

    Doctora Foxy Meow 7+ Year Member

    Jan 28, 2002
    But post May, they will know. For example, if you are holding an acceptance to a cheap state school, a school like Boston University will probably not accept you.

    Congrats to everyone w/ multiple acceptances. As I'm sure you have earned them, if you are sure you are not going to one school, PLEASE withdraw your app and give someone else a chance :)
  5. jrucb

    jrucb Member 10+ Year Member

    Jan 11, 2002
    Hey Matt,

    Several acceptances, wow. Thats tight. I'm still waiting for my decisions, I've got UCLA coming up for MSTP....hopefully that goes well, cuz thats my top choice. I wish I could have multiple acceptances heheh.

  6. shorrin

    shorrin the ninth doctor 7+ Year Member

    Dec 21, 2001
    the tardis
    Don't save anything! especially now! You heard what the president said, 'spend'. It's in your fellow countrymen's best interest. Show your patriotism!!
    What we need is morale so 'spend' those acceptances so that others still waiting can join the party too.

    yours in silliness - shorrin
  7. rajneel1

    rajneel1 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

    Oct 29, 2001
    if it is a school you are absolutely not going to, then just pull your acceptance. it is just silly to hold onto it until May 15th. you can also get your deposit back sometimes if you pull out before the 15th. i've pulled 3 acceptances. one of those schools sent me a survey asking why. i'm just holding onto two. i have a friend who wants to go to two of those schools that i pulled my acceptances from. so think of those people.

Share This Page