holding acceptances pre-may

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matthew0126

Anaheim Angels
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys. i know it's taboo to hold more than one acceptance after may, and besides, med schools get pissed off and start threatening you, etc etc

but what about before may? if there's no chance that you'll go to that school, might as well withdraw, but what if you aren't sure say with 3-4 schools, and you hold those acceptances... will other schools hesitate to give you an acceptance like they do post-may? thanks :p

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you tell the schools, I don't think they'll know.

But post May, they will know. For example, if you are holding an acceptance to a cheap state school, a school like Boston University will probably not accept you.

Congrats to everyone w/ multiple acceptances. As I'm sure you have earned them, if you are sure you are not going to one school, PLEASE withdraw your app and give someone else a chance :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Matt,

Several acceptances, wow. Thats tight. I'm still waiting for my decisions, I've got UCLA coming up for MSTP....hopefully that goes well, cuz thats my top choice. I wish I could have multiple acceptances heheh.

Javi

Don't save anything! especially now! You heard what the president said, 'spend'. It's in your fellow countrymen's best interest. Show your patriotism!!
What we need is morale so 'spend' those acceptances so that others still waiting can join the party too.

yours in silliness - shorrin

if it is a school you are absolutely not going to, then just pull your acceptance. it is just silly to hold onto it until May 15th. you can also get your deposit back sometimes if you pull out before the 15th. i've pulled 3 acceptances. one of those schools sent me a survey asking why. i'm just holding onto two. i have a friend who wants to go to two of those schools that i pulled my acceptances from. so think of those people.