Holding multiple acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinstriped1992

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking for a little advice. I've been accepted to four schools that many would consider middle tier schools. Of these schools, I was hoping to wait to see how financial aid packages look before making any decisions to withdraw.

My issue is that I am still waiting to hear back from 3 schools post interview that are all much higher on my list as well as one school that I am on the wait list for. Will holding onto these four schools until financial aid packages arrive affect the decisions from my top choice schools? Would it be beneficial to send notes to the schools, informing them that I would drop my acceptances if I were given a spot in their class?

I'd appreciate any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

My issue is that I am still waiting to hear back from 3 schools post interview that are all much higher on my list as well as one school that I am on the wait list for. Will holding onto these four schools until financial aid packages arrive affect the decisions from my top choice schools? Would it be beneficial to send notes to the schools, informing them that I would drop my acceptances if I were given a spot in their class?

I'd appreciate any advice!
No.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the quick response! Just to follow up, will these schools at any point know about the particular 4 schools I have been accepted to? When would they find out if this is the case?

Thanks for the quick response! Just to follow up, will these schools at any point know about the particular 4 schools I have been accepted to? When would they find out if this is the case?
They will see where you are holding after they have made a decision.