holding multiple acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kcol22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a question regarding multiple acceptances. Do the schools know how many acceptances you are holding? All the schools I interview at say that you shouldn't hold too many, but I want to wait and see what kind of financial aid I get at many schools before I make my decision. (Tough problem, I know) At the same time, I am afraid that schools that haven't accepted me yet will see how many I am holding and reject me. My pre-med advisor is on vacation so hopefully someone can help me out? Thanks and good luck everone with this whole crazy process.;) :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

You can technically hold as many as you want until May 15, when you must choose one. However, the ethical thing to do would be to decline acceptances from places you know you will not attend. There are places, for example, that never offer financial aid (other than loans). If you know you don't want to go there, you should decline it.

But no one will know how many you have, and the only thing keeping you from holding 20 acceptances at a time is your conscience.

newbies.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Tein, thanks for the pics. I could use a few smiles today. :)

awww wats the matter, ur b/f giving you trouble?

haha, no bf. ex bf. cruise through the lounge a bit, you'll see it. :) my thread is a good place to start.

"In early May, AMCAS shares acceptance information with all medical schools." -- MSAR 2003-04

Originally posted by pocwana
"In early May, AMCAS shares acceptance information with all medical schools." -- MSAR 2003-04

master.jpg

j/k pocwana :p

Originally posted by kcol22
Hi all,
I have a question regarding multiple acceptances. Do the schools know how many acceptances you are holding? All the schools I interview at say that you shouldn't hold too many, but I want to wait and see what kind of financial aid I get at many schools before I make my decision. (Tough problem, I know) At the same time, I am afraid that schools that haven't accepted me yet will see how many I am holding and reject me. My pre-med advisor is on vacation so hopefully someone can help me out? Thanks and good luck everone with this whole crazy process.;) :rolleyes:
Moving to the Affirmative Action Thread.....

Yeah, congrats, DW, u're the man!:clap: :clap: :clap: