Holy Cr*p! I got an interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exmike

NOR * CAL
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
One to Tulane and one to GW. I was so excited i couldnt sleep last night. I thought i'd have to wait at least till spring to interview. wow. this process is such an emotional rollercoaster.

I know its still early, but seriously, for you guys with doubts out there about applying, or even medicine itself, just do it. if i can get an interview with a 3.0 bcmp and almost getting kicked out of ugrad, then you can do it too!

Members don't see this ad.

YAY!

Just called nad the lady at Tulane said me too! :clap:
First one baby....Stanford can shove it :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats ex-mike you're definitely an inspiration to me. I have a similarly below average gpa. An early acceptance would be awesome...say around 10/15

congrats exmike

hope u rock the interviews

That is truly amazing! Congratulations.

Right on! Were they via email, snail mail, or ESP? And when did you submit their secondaries?

Woo hoo! Congratulations!

Congratulations!! It is nice to see such enthusiasm and it is also an inspiration to others.

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! Knock em dead!

When are they for?

wow, thanks for the encouragement guys!! Now i get to stress about the interviews.

i have GW on 9/18 and Tulane on 9/22. I'm going to have to miss a lot of class to go :(

Anyone know how long before they notify of decisions at these two schools?

Originally posted by dunga dunga
Right on! Were they via email, snail mail, or ESP? And when did you submit their secondaries?

I got them by snail mail at home, and my parents called me. I submitted both of their secondaries 7/30. I think they got my letters about a week ago

Originally posted by exmike

Anyone know how long before they notify of decisions at these two schools?

tulane was VERY speedy form my experience. unfortunately they tend to put a lot of people in the "acceptance range". this is basically a waitlist (with a huge number of people on it). since you are interviewing early, hopefully you will get an outright acceptance there.

from the website....970 intverviews last year for 170 spots...seeing how its private and not top teir most people would go to their state school ever tulane. So im guessing they must accept nearly half of their interviewees on account of all of the people getting into tulane and their state school.

The futures so bright..... :cool:

Originally posted by hightrump
from the website....970 intverviews last year for 170 spots...seeing how its private and not top teir most people would go to their state school ever tulane. So im guessing they must accept nearly half of their interviewees on account of all of the people getting into tulane and their state school.

The futures so bright..... :cool:

on us news it looks like both accept about 35-40% of those interviewed. how much do you guys think my record matters after the interview?

Originally posted by exmike
on us news it looks like both accept about 35-40% of those interviewed. how much do you guys think my record matters after the interview?

tulane is fairly straightforward about their admissions process. at your interview you will be given some information saying when your app will be reviewed, what criteria they will use to rate you, etc... my recollection is that you must get 6/10 from your interviews to avoid rejection, and that most people get above that. after that, i'm sure it's a combination of how your interviewers rate you and how strong the rest of your app is. don't believe people who say that once you get an interview the rest of your app is thrown out. i really don't believe that to be the case, at least not at most schools.

my tulane interview was my most pleasant interviewing experience. i had 2 faculty members, and a student interviewer. the 2 faculty members were sooooo incredibly nice. they knew how to extract the info they wanted from me while making sure i was at ease. good luck! hopefully you will have a positive experience too :).

congrats exmike!!! impress em at the interviews!