Holy Sheeat i gOt into HArvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr PluM

where's the love
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i can't believe it, one of my interviewers called me today and told me the newss(shhhh), he was excited, of course i will probably doing research with him on the side..... i am ectastic...woooooh i am so excited.........he said the letter is on der wAy.....

I am stokeddddd.....

there is a circus of dancers and acrobats bouncin up and down in the deep caverns of my soul......

Members don't see this ad.

congrats plum!

what were your scores like?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations. What do you think you did Plum, to give you entrance?

Mr PluM said:
i can't believe it, one of my interviewers called me today and told me the newss(shhhh), he was excited, of course i will probably doing research with him on the side..... i am ectastic...woooooh i am so excited.........he said the letter is on der wAy.....

I am stokeddddd.....

there is a circus of dancers and acrobats bouncin up and down in the deep caverns of my soul......

HST or NP?

is this true? will others be soon to follow?

~L

Mr PluM said:

I am stokeddddd.....

Kudos Mr. Plum that aint easy !

oops, got into NP, ,gpa was hovering around 3.5 mcat P11 v10 b11, but i think my story to get to were i am at was what did it. i mean when i interviewed, they asked me a question, and i mean they were amazed, one professor who i guess came off one of those multiple committees they have, actually who was not even scheduled to interview me , invited me to his office, and we talked bout my life for about an and hour and a half, he looked at me and said "in all honesty, i can't believe it, but i know what you are telling me is the truth, i just couldn't imagine someone going through all that and still be as excited as you are about medicine."

i grew up in a violent inner city, got busted a few times, got shot at many times.. everyday, when i fell asleep, i thought, "i am still alive to see another day" went to junior college graduated with multiple degrees in bioogy and literature, went to ucberkeley graduated with multiple degrees....He was particularly shocked, i mean his mouth was wide open when i told him--the night before my first 2nd semester gchem exam at the jc, i came home late from studying, decided to go to the store, you know how studying gives you the munchies, as i walked back home some guy tried to rob me at gunpoint, i refused, i mean i was tired, i told the guy that all i had in my bag were books i could feel the barrel of the gun on my side, and i just stood out there and reasoned with a guy pointing a gun at me, told him that tonight is not the night, i had exam tommorrow...went to school and got the highest score...to me that was normal i guess...he thought it was interesting though....but i just had story after story, and all in all, all i could tell him when he asked me how the hell i got so far, i told him that it is like winning a nobel prize in science, there was a lot of hardwork involved, but most importantly it was that rare magic that accompanies the hard work and leads one to greatnessss.....

i am so excited right now...

Mr PluM said:
oops, got into NP, ,gpa was hovering around 3.5 mcat P11 v10 b11, but i think my story to get to were i am at was what did it. i mean when i interviewed, they asked me a question, and i mean they were amazed, one professor who i guess came off one of those multiple committees they have, actually who was not even scheduled to interview me , invited me to his office, and we talked bout my life for about an and hour and a half, he looked at me and said "in all honesty, i can't believe it, but i know what you are telling me is the truth, i just couldn't imagine someone going through all that and still be as excited as you are about medicine."

i grew up in a violent inner city, got busted a few times, got shot at many times.. everyday, when i fell asleep, i thought, "i am still alive to see another day" went to junior college graduated with multiple degrees in bioogy and literature, went to ucberkeley graduated with multiple degrees....He was particularly shocked, i mean his mouth was wide open when i told him--the night before my first 2nd semester gchem exam at the jc, i came home late from studying, decided to go to the store, you know how studying gives you the munchies, as i walked back home some guy tried to rob me at gunpoint, i refused, i mean i was tired, i told the guy that all i had in my bag were books i could feel the barrel of the gun on my side, and i just stood out there and reasoned with a guy pointing a gun at me, told him that tonight is not the night, i had exam tommorrow...went to school and got the highest score...to me that was normal i guess...he thought it was interesting though....but i just had story after story, and all in all, all i could tell him when he asked me how the hell i got so far, i told him that it is like winning a nobel prize in science, there was a lot of hardwork involved, but most importantly it was that rare magic that accompanies the hard work and leads one to greatnessss.....

Dude, congratulations! That's awesome.

Mr. Plum, congrats!

Always nice to see fellow fruit aficionados succeeding! :D

Rock on! :thumbup: :thumbup:

:D :D Congrats!! Mr. Plum!!!! :D :D I recommend that you play "Goddam Right It's A Beautiful Day" by the Eels all day long. Yeah Skippy!

It's awesome to know there's some poetic justice in the world.
Good job, and good luck at Harvard!

Awesome post buddy ... congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey man ALL the best from a fellow SDNer......Congrats.

Mr PluM said:

This is why Harvard is number one. They really know how to choose their students (i.e. numbers aren't everything, they're only meaningful when you considered where the person came from). Congrats, Mr. Plum, and good luck with all your future endeavors. I'm sure you'll continue to make Harvard's name shine.

excellent!!! congrats man.....all the best! :clap:

So all I gotta do to get into Harvard is have someone rob me at gunpoint? I can't believe I missed that! :D ;)

Congratulations!!! :thumbup:

dude, plum, a hearty congratulations. i really, really respect that. best wishes

Congrats Mr. Hah-vad :D :clap:

Hey Mr. Plum.
No disrespect meant by this post.
But... if you interviewed at Harvard this year why did you post the following in January of this year?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=172837

It just doesn't make any sense to me that you would be working on your personal statement months after applying.
You have also written several posts saying that you are taking this April's MCAT. hmmm?
How do you get into Harvard without writing the MCAT or a personal statement.
Please let me know!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The post from Jan 14th reads:

I am so blue, tired, exhuasted.. I am working on my persnl statement, studying for mcat, and working......Ohhhh, it is so draining....dam draining...

what do people do when they feel so drained, oh, i am so blueee..

Congratulaions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

hmmm....something is fishy...

Oh my...plummy pull a fast one on us! But, March 7th is only 5 days away...he hasn't gotten the letter yet. However, how do you explain the "working on personal statement and Mcat" part? Hmmm....

MadameLULU,
please read my post at the end of the first page of this thread.
Acceptances have not gone out yet.
And according to a doctor that I know who interviews at Harvard--
Interviewers do not get the results of the kids who they interviewed until April.

What kind of research will you be doing?

Congrats man!!! All the best....

i know i should not have opened my mouth, the prof told me not to but i couldn't help it....the reason i was taking the mcats this year again and writing my personal statment again is because i thought i was not going to get in i was rejected by most schools probably cuz i had answered yes to the criminal things....i did not know why, so i decided to study for the mcat again and rewrite like three essays pers, disa, crime ones......i mean i got a three interviews but have not heard anything until the prof called me....i feel bad, i am probably am going to get him in trouble...i have not received a letter, but he was sur of it..he just wanted to inform cuz he knew i was studying for the mcat and applying again----he was pretty shocked about this tooo....

Okay.
This time I will be more blunt.
He is not telling the truth.
Look at Mr Plum's previous posts.
He is not at the interviewing stage yet.
He is applying this summer.
He is taking the April 2005 MCAT.
Therefore, he has not been accepted!

Mr PluM said:
i know i should not have opened my mouth, the prof told me not to but i couldn't help it....the reason i was taking the mcats this year again and writing my personal statment again is because i thought i was not going to get in i was rejected by most schools probably cuz i had answered yes to the criminal things....i did not know why, so i decided to study for the mcat again and rewrite like three essays pers, disa, crime ones......i mean i got a three interviews but have not heard anything until the prof called me....i feel bad, i am probably am going to get him in trouble...i have not received a letter, but he was sur of it..he just wanted to inform cuz he knew i was studying for the mcat and applying again----he was pretty shocked about this tooo....
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
he's a troll playing on the neurotic SDN'ers.
Always happens this time of year right before acceptances from major schools.

Mr PluM said:

This was exactly what I had guessed when I saw the previous posts. But you know what, who cares if nobody believes you on this forum. You know you got in and that's all that matters. Best of luck. Maybe we'll be future classmates. What were the other two schools that you interviewed at?

Also got in without the requirements.
WOW!!
come on guys. don't buy these lies.
you are all smarter than that.

below is from Mr Plum's posting Jan 16th:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=2193951#post2193951

oh how i hate it, i only took the first semester calculus, and now will have a difficult time getting into harvard, hopefully, theM bostys make an exception for good ole mr plum.... I will tell them that the reason i did not take calculus is that i have a heck of calculating eyeball that does math with words and not numbers....I will calculate the north american idiom for them if they likers.

definite troll.

people who grow up in those type of environment don't usually talk about it much, especially to some anonymous internet community like SDN. i grew up in a not-so-good neighborhood also, and i definitely don't tell my life stories to random ppl on the web.

I take back my Congratualtions.........Boooooo and shame on u for lying to us. Squish this Plum!!!

Definite Troll.

The Mango is superior to the plum. The plum is a mendacious fruit.

Mr PluM said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA. This is too much.

oh, stop it!!! Plum getting into Harvard or not is none of our business. Stop digging up his post history and trying to figure if he is a troll. How are you so sure he is lying to us? Most of us do not know for sure. So don't jump the gun and conclude that he is a liar. If you believe him, offer your congratulations . If you do not believe him, skip this thread and read another one. We're doctors- we need to keep an open mind what others (patients) tell us. We ain't the FBI or the PIs. Alright?

Bigsheed920 said:
I take back my Congratualtions.........Boooooo and shame on u for lying to us. Squish this Plum!!!

Mr PluM said:

Guys!! OMG! I too find myself in an analogous situation! I was just contacted by a Hopkins professor telling me I got in!! He told me that he was shocked about this outcome and warned me not to peep a word, or he would get reprimanded for letting the news slip. But I don't care! The first thing that popped into my head was to run to SDN, post to a bunch of a strangers (even though "the prof told me not to but i couldn't help it"), and compromise his trust as well as my integrity. Oh yeah, I'm a tool!

It seemed pretty evident to me from the get-go that this was a troll post. Good luck with the MCAT and PS, Mr. PluM. Maybe next year at this time, after "completing all the homework involved," you will benefit from "that rare magic that accompanies the hard work and leads one to greatness" and actually be accepted at HMS.

P.S. I absolutely love the "this is why HMS is #1" reply. Classic SDN.

WOW! I wouldn't even apply there. IF some miracle got me in I'd die from the competition.

lol...this thread is hillarious...but if the OP (plum) did really get into harvard, congrats!!!

Why is everyone falling for this troll-bait? Well, I know what I need to do now in order to get into Harvard. I need to get shot immediately.

Hermit MMood said:
Definite Troll.

The Mango is superior to the plum. The plum is a mendacious fruit.
aside from trying to figure this all out... I have to agree that mangoes are better than plums... mm...mangoes..

sdnstud said:
oh, stop it!!! Plum getting into Harvard or not is none of our business. Stop digging up his post history and trying to figure if he is a troll. How are you so sure he is lying to us? Most of us do not know for sure. So don't jump the gun and conclude that he is a liar. If you believe him, offer your congratulations . If you do not believe him, skip this thread and read another one. We're doctors- we need to keep an open mind what others (patients) tell us. We ain't the FBI or the PIs. Alright?

thanks, you know sdnstud, i went to berkeley because of people like you, before i applied there i was amazed by how human the students were at cal, it is unbelievable, really....Immunology class in mcb changed my life, i doubled up in mcb and literature...

i cannot believe such negativity, considering these peeps want to be docs, although, i am glad they are not investigators, more of us kids from the hood what have gotten damaged for such inaccurate acusations...anyways, i just wish everybody good things in life......

my life is quite strange hardly anybody believes what i say sometimes, but after reading some of these posts it goes to show how so many people are lucky to be living sheltered lives.....

for all you who showed love like sdnstud, i wish you all the best in your endeavorss, and for all those who didnt, i wish you the same.....

i feel like this is going to be the last post for mr plum....

peace

ps. fyli260 good looking out, much luckto you..

Even if the story doesn't check out (I'm not even going to bother), it's sad to see how the stress has taken its toll on SDN'ers. I mean, I've had my fair share of stress, but I've never taken it out on people this way - if he's lying, then ignore it, haven't you guys ever heard of "don't feed the trolls"?

And even still, for what purpose would he write all this? If he's delusional, then leave him alone. If he makes you feel bad because you didn't get into Harvard, then that's your problem. But on the off-chance that he's telling the truth, the amount of negativity displayed here is just embarrassing.

Mr PluM said:
thanks, you know sdnstud, i went to berkeley because of people like you, before i applied there i was amazed by how human the students were at cal, it is unbelievable, really....Immunology class in mcb changed my life, i doubled up in mcb and literature...

i cannot believe such negativity, considering these peeps want to be docs, although, i am glad they are not investigators, more of us kids from the hood what have gotten damaged for such inaccurate acusations...anyways, i just wish everybody good things in life......

my life is quite strange hardly anybody believes what i say sometimes, but after reading some of these posts it goes to show how so many people are lucky to be living sheltered lives.....

for all you who showed love like sdnstud, i wish you all the best in your endeavorss, and for all those who didnt, i wish you the same.....

i feel like this is going to be the last post for mr plum....

peace

ps. fyli260 good looking out, much luckto you..

I don't know if you're telling the truth or not. Honestly, I think it would take an incredibly low, vile and despicable person to fabricate the situations that this poster has put forth. As someone that grew up in a very poor neighborhood, in a very difficult familial situation and who WAS robbed at gunpoint, I commend the poster for being so open about his/her life and I will give the benefit of the doubt to him/her. If you do not believe this person, there is nothing to be gained by "exposing" their lies. Everyone needs to just go and relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.