Holy **** that sucked!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dondon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took the April 7th MCAT...

Bio Section was tough!!!
the others were not terrible... could have been worst

what did you guys think???

Members don't see this ad.

Overall didnt think it was too bad, I was pissed cause I know I missed an easy one on physical science, but it was about what I expected.

Bio was terrible. Friekin molecular genetics
PS = Easy
VR = what i expected

Writing was harder than expected but who cares

Members don't see this ad :)
does everyone get the same form now since its on computer, but the passages just in a different order?

The bio was terrible, with all that orgo stuff. I don't actually remember what the molecular genetics stuff was... haha it's been a blur. I thought the PS was a bit tough too :/ Verbal was okay, but at the last possible second I realized I had a wrong answer and before I could click the right one time was up. Man!

The bio was terrible, with all that orgo stuff. I don't actually remember what the molecular genetics stuff was... haha it's been a blur. I thought the PS was a bit tough too :/ Verbal was okay, but at the last possible second I realized I had a wrong answer and before I could click the right one time was up. Man!

same here! i had 10 seconds left and clicked on answer A as my guess, then read the question and as I figured out the answer the section ended and I sat there staring at the right answer, which was C, with that box that pops up and tells you the section is over on the screen. ALWAYS GUESS C!!!! aahhhhhhhh

I thought PS was ok, a little on the easier side
VR was kinda hard
BS was ok, some questions were pretty tricky, some discretes i didn't know
overall- I don't feel like it was harder than any of the practice tests I took...afterwards I just felt pretty neutral- not too easy, not too hard
i think i did pretty bad on the writing, but whatever
Thank God it's over!!!

Oh yeah, i had a bunch of orgo too but overall i think i did well on it, although one of the passages was particularly confusing

how does the curve work on this. Is it off previous experimentals and questions of previous administrations? Or is it based on this administration?

Phys sciences and Bio were both a suprise to me. Some passages in Phys sciences I just said "huh?" and Bio had a LOT more orgo than I expected.... Verbal also sucked ass....= overall I feel as though I am screwed

same here! i had 10 seconds left and clicked on answer A as my guess, then read the question and as I figured out the answer the section ended and I sat there staring at the right answer, which was C, with that box that pops up and tells you the section is over on the screen. ALWAYS GUESS C!!!! aahhhhhhhh

hahaha dude... same here! i had to guess on a question on bio, and was sitting there staring at the screen, trying to figure out the right answer, when the stupid box pops up telling me time's up.... then I figured out what i had put down was wrong.

does everyone get the same form now since its on computer, but the passages just in a different order?

No, when i went to leave i saw one kid still on the bio section and i just glimpsed at the picture on the screen and it definitely wasn't from one of the passages i had

Members don't see this ad :)
how does the curve work on this. Is it off previous experimentals and questions of previous administrations? Or is it based on this administration?

Should be based on this administration only.

PS: i was really nervous... everything went by too fast for me to even realize what was happening... everyone's saying it was easy... but i can't even remember anything about it haha. all i know was, i didn't have time to finish and had to guess on the last passage... and i left one answer blank (time was up before i could even put down a random answer) :confused:

VR: i have no clue.

BS: hard.

writing: HORRIBLE , but who cares! haha

....now, we have to wait 30 days... such torture.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who realized they had the wrong answer right at timer. That pissed me off.

Phys sciences and Bio were both a suprise to me. Some passages in Phys sciences I just said "huh?" and Bio had a LOT more orgo than I expected.... Verbal also sucked ass....= overall I feel as though I am screwed

you took the words right out of my mouth haha.

i said "huh?" a lot too hahaha during the first section

and way too much orgo... what the crap.

when i got there i was so nervous. I finished the first 2 passages really fast but realized on the 2nd one i messed up and backtracked and fixed all my answers. Some of them were really easy that i was like no way they would put something this easy and i would hang on a question and triple check it on physical sciences. I finished with like 2 minutes left but i know i made at least 2 stupid idiotic mistakes becuase i was nervous. DONT BE NERVOUS!!! youll do so much better

No, when i went to leave i saw one kid still on the bio section and i just glimpsed at the picture on the screen and it definitely wasn't from one of the passages i had

Will April 12 and April 16 administrations possibly recycle/reuse some of these forms that appear on April 7 MCAT?

oh holy crap. that was fun. :confused:
so much for not taking it again...haha

phys: ok, but a lot of quantitative questions i thought
verbal: so-so...i never run out of time but i realized i had 10 minutes left for 2 passages which sucked cuz i ended up going too quickly at the end
bio: what was up with all that obscure orgo! ugh...i guess not finishing orgo 2 before taking the test hurt more than helped....

Evil Evil MCAT. I thought PS was really hard, but VR and Bio were easier than I expected. Go figure, guess we're all good at different stuff.

I'm not sure what to do, like 10 minutes into the exam all of a sudden there was this loud music and reverberating bass. Turns out a freakin radio station was broadcasting from across the street! The ENTIRE time trying to take the test we could hear them doing their easter egg hunt ("5-4-3-2-1-Go!!") and playing music - LOUD. The administrator filed a report with AAMC but I don't know what good that will do, I'm wondering if I should have voided my score...

Well, I'm glad to see that I'm not the ONLY one who found the bio section FREAKING RIDICULOUS??? WTF guys? I don't think ANY of my bio practices were so challenging... actually, that Kaplan Bio section test (I think 3? or 4?) that I was complaining about now doesn't seem all that bad... and I thought I was "good" at orgo???:confused: :(

Anyway, I thought PS was average... but of course, if we ALL think PS was "average" to "easy", I guess the curve on that might get ugly.

My confidence and focus was at an all time high when I went in... by the end, I was dang well near depressed...

I just hope my score is at least "acceptable"... I don't know if I can do this again - the way I see it, my next Kaplan course should either be for the USMLE... or the GRE:laugh:

Good luck guys:luck: !

Try not to freak out as much as I am.

-MSTP(bound???)

you took the words right out of my mouth haha.

i said "huh?" a lot too hahaha during the first section

and way too much orgo... what the crap.

Yeah... I was thinking, "somebody at the AAMC must be like, 'So they think we're going light on orgodo they??? Well, WEcan fix that!!' ":smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

y'all need to relax... you should be laying faceup on the floor right now, and later, out celebrating! I'm betting you did better than you think... plus, remember, BS will have a great curve if it was that hard!

oh holy crap. that was fun. :confused:
so much for not taking it again...haha

phys: ok, but a lot of quantitative questions i thought
verbal: so-so...i never run out of time but i realized i had 10 minutes left for 2 passages which sucked cuz i ended up going too quickly at the end
bio: what was up with all that obscure orgo! ugh...i guess not finishing orgo 2 before taking the test hurt more than helped....

I took orgo II last semester, and what I knew definitely didn't help me with some of the tough orgo questions in the bio section. So don't feel bad!

I always read this..but I just joined today because that test sucked soooo bad. They let everyone start at different times and while i was taking the verbal all I could hear were annoying typing noises!!

Evil Evil MCAT. I thought PS was really hard, but VR and Bio were easier than I expected. Go figure, guess we're all good at different stuff.

I'm not sure what to do, like 10 minutes into the exam all of a sudden there was this loud music and reverberating bass. Turns out a freakin radio station was broadcasting from across the street! The ENTIRE time trying to take the test we could hear them doing their easter egg hunt ("5-4-3-2-1-Go!!") and playing music - LOUD. The administrator filed a report with AAMC but I don't know what good that will do, I'm wondering if I should have voided my score...

I would find that SUPER annoying. Especially in the middle of a VR passage. How do you think you did despite the distractive Easter egg hunt?

Hahahha

we made it guys!!

as for my opinion:

PS - 1st passage i was super nervous on so i left 2 answers blank, but went back to finish them after figuring out my stupid mistake... after the nervousness left, it was smooth sailing in this section except for 1 weird passage, but i think i did okay in PS

VR - VR is VR i never know what im going to score. i think i did okay also

BS - uhhh... the BS section, wasn't so much as hard, but really different than anything I've ever taken. It was ALOT different than the practice AAMC ones 1-10... it just didnt feel right. there were a 2 or so really weird discrete questions that i have never ever run into in any of the BS sections. All in all, i rank it between an AAMC practice BS section and a Kaplan BS section, in difficulty. I really don't know how I did in this section.

hopefully none of us have to take it over!

I actually didn't think the WS were that bad... i did really well IMO on the 1st one, and struggled a little on the 2nd one, but i think i did fine.

I think im going to take it again on Aprih 16th...is that bizzare?? I honestly felt i knew the material and I was getting over 30's on my practice tests. But I think i did sooooooooo horrible. And I just want to take it again before i forget everything

I think im going to take it again on Aprih 16th...is that bizzare?? I honestly felt i knew the material and I was getting over 30's on my practice tests. But I think i did sooooooooo horrible. And I just want to take it again before i forget everything

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's my understanding that there has to be at least 2 or 3 months between test administrations. Meaning that if you actually sit for the exam, you can't sit for another exam for at least 2 months, i believe. Check the aamc guidlines in regards to this.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's my understanding that there has to be at least 2 or 3 months between test administrations. Meaning that if you actually sit for the exam, you can't sit for another exam for at least 2 months, i believe. Check the aamc guidlines in regards to this.

Are you sure about this? :confused:

Are you sure about this? :confused:

I'm sorry, I think I'm incorrect, I just looked at the MCAT guidlines on the AAMC website and you can't take it more than 3 times in a year but it doesn't specify time between exams. Sorry if i scared you or confused you.:oops:

noo the aamc website says you dont have to wait to take it...you just have to wait until 2 days after your exam to reschedule.

noo the aamc website says you dont have to wait to take it...you just have to wait until 2 days after your exam to reschedule.

Are there seats available at a test site near you? I was thinking about pushing my April 16th date back but there is not a seat open until June 15th.

Maybe you should wait until you get your score back. How much more impact will one week make? Alot of people think they screwed up and end up getting fairly decent scores.

Ugh, screwed up completely. Wish I could do PS over again. I don't know what got into me, but it was 8AM and my entire head was buzzing. Not to mention that just moments prior to the test while getting my picture taken the lady moved this clipboard and the camera lost its balance on the tripod and fell on my head. I had this welt on my temple.

Anywho, PS was such a blur. After the first passage about sound (I skipped the last two calculation questions) the rest weren't much better.

Thankfully, I took a Tylenol at the next break and was able to regain my composure.

I'm hoping to get just a 10 on PS with my dismal concentration.:mad:

Ugh, screwed up completely. Wish I could do PS over again. I don't know what got into me, but it was 8AM and my entire head was buzzing. Not to mention that just moments prior to the test while getting my picture taken the lady moved this clipboard and the camera lost its balance on the tripod and fell on my head. I had this welt on my temple.

Anywho, PS was such a blur. After the first passage about sound (I skipped the last two calculation questions) the rest weren't much better.

Thankfully, I took a Tylenol at the next break and was able to regain my composure.

And damn, I forgot that dermis had blood vessels in it. And I just learned that in micro a month ago. *hits self in the head.
CRAP, it does?!?!! Well, I missed that one.

I'm sorry about your bad experience. I hope it turned out better than it felt.

A 10 is not such a bad thing, is it??

My favorite question was in BS in the amino acids passage. Those who had this passage know which one, nearly made me laugh..It was a nice change of pace (if you got it right!) :)

A 10 is not such a bad thing, is it??

My favorite question was in BS in the amino acids passage. Those who had this passage know which one, nearly made me laugh..It was a nice change of pace (if you got it right!) :)

totally agree with you on the amino acid stuff. for goodness sakes it was too good to be true. :)

yo u guys are gonna get introuble. but anyways tollens test i think tests for aldehydes. i couldnt get the specific structure so i think i put the same thing as u

This happened to me when I took the last paper and pencil exam. I stared at a VR question for the last few minutes, realized it was wrong, put the eraser down on the answer grid, just when the timer went off. I couldn't change it. I was so frustrated I cried in the bathroom during the lunch break. When I got the results back, it turned out I scored in the 99th percentile on that section.

Moral of the story: your results are probably better than you think, so relax!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's discuss this all in a month! Congrats on making it through the real thing! :hardy:

Hahahha

there were a 2 or so really weird discrete questions that i have never ever run into in any of the BS sections. All in all, i rank it between an AAMC practice BS section and a Kaplan BS section, in difficulty. I really don't know how I did in this section.

QUOTE]

Yeah I agree- some of the bio discretes were kinda weird and I had to basically make a guess, which I usually don't have to do on the discretes.