home address on AMCAS vs. TMDSAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinyT

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Parents are divorced and I attempt to split my time between 2 different states. Is it a bad idea to have 2 home address'?

thanks

:D

Members don't see this ad.

tinyT said:
Parents are divorced and I attempt to split my time between 2 different states. Is it a bad idea to have a different home address for the 2 different applications?

thanks

:D

Answer these questions and you should have a good idea of the address you should use.

Are you registered to vote? If yes, where?

Do you have a drivers license? If yes, what state?

Of course, I say that as someone who kept a drivers license with my parents address while I paid taxes & voted in another state. :laugh:

Although it'd be tempting to claim two different states, you could end up regretting it if you do anything that'd be construed as "lying on your application". Personally, I'd claim TX residency- about 1 in 3 people that apply to med school in Texas as residents of the state get in (using TMDSAS), and Baylor College of Medicine (the only TX allo program using AMCAS) has an agreement with the state that TX residents pay the same tuition as if they were attending a state-run medical school.

Being that there are different methods to claiming residency than just your legal address. I think I should claim my legal address for where my driving license is for and my mailing address for where I spend most of my time.