Home Buying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBuzzLightYear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else planning on buying a home when they start residency? How much are you planning on borrowing? What sort of deals do you think you can get given our unique position? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

DrBuzzLightYear said:
Is anyone else planning on buying a home when they start residency? How much are you planning on borrowing? What sort of deals do you think you can get given our unique position? Thanks

My significant other and I just bought a new home. He starts residency next week (I'm a med student). There are ALL SORTS of deals out there for MD's. Bank of America and SunTrust, to name a few, have great "doctor loans" (No down payment, great rates etc.). Make a few appointments/calls with banks in your area and find out if they have special mortgages for doctors/professionals (MOST DO!!).

Let me know if you have any other questions...the whole process is fresh in my mind. There were a lot of things we learned along the way!