Home care/caregiver - clinical experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sixty8

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
There is a local company looking to fill home care positions.

One position is labeled as Personal Assistant where one's duties would mainly be assisting the company's elderly clients with basic activities of daily living (ADL).

Another position is titled Habilitation Worker where one's duty is limited to assisting someone with a disability.

It's to my understanding that the services would happen in the home of the company's clients and no professional health care provider (nurse/physician) is present full-time (possibly ever, if never needed).

Would either of these count as clinical experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Although that is not really considered clinical experience, it may help solidify your interest in helping others. I suggest you volunteer at a hospital/clinic for "clinical experience." But at the end of the day, you should learn something from your experiences and be comfortable to one day talk about it.

Last edited:
Home care/caregiver - clinical experience? There is a local company looking to fill home care positions.

One position is labeled as Personal Assistant where one's duties would mainly be assisting the company's elderly clients with basic activities of daily living (ADL). Another position is titled Habilitation Worker where one's duty is limited to assisting someone with a disability.

It's to my understanding that the services would happen in the home of the company's clients and no professional health care provider (nurse/physician) is present full-time (possibly ever, if never needed).

Would either of these count as clinical experience?
From the duties you've described, No.