Home Health Aide before MD Good Idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tia_bluesky

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all

I have one year left for college but because of health problems I took a year off and didn't do so well in some of my pre reqs. Basically I have to start all over in order to go to medical school ESPECIALLY for extra curriculars and recommendations which is frustrating.
Recently i went into a home health aide informational for my mom just to check it out and even took the admission test for fun, I scored 100 on both tests and was the first to finish my test. I was granted an interview Wednesday something I did not expect. Do you think I should do the home health training and use that on my resume? Would it be good for clinical experience? I actually came home and forbid my mother from doing it because I did not want her doing some of the things they told us HHA do. Also the trainig is for 3 weeks and it's free. The pay is $10/hr.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey y'all

I have one year left for college but because of health problems I took a year off and didn't do so well in some of my pre reqs. Basically I have to start all over in order to go to medical school ESPECIALLY for extra curriculars and recommendations which is frustrating.
Recently i went into a home health aide informational for my mom just to check it out and even took the admission test for fun, I scored 100 on both tests and was the first to finish my test. I was granted an interview Wednesday something I did not expect. Do you think I should do the home health training and use that on my resume? Would it be good for clinical experience? I actually came home and forbid my mother from doing it because I did not want her doing some of the things they told us HHA do. Also the trainig is for 3 weeks and it's free. The pay is $10/hr.
Closing as this is a duplicate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.