Quantcast

Home Health Aide before MD Good Idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tia_bluesky

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey y'all

I have one year left for college but because of health problems I took a year off and didn't do so well in some of my pre reqs. Basically I have to start all over in order to go to medical school ESPECIALLY for extra curriculars and recommendations which is frustrating.
Recently i went into a home health aide informational for my mom just to check it out and even took the admission test for fun, I scored 100 on both tests and was the first to finish my test. I was granted an interview Wednesday something I did not expect. Do you think I should do the home health training and use that on my resume? Would it be good for clinical experience? I actually came home and forbid my mother from doing it because I did not want her doing some of the things they told us HHA do. Also the trainig is for 3 weeks and it's free. The pay is $10/hr.

Winged Scapula

Cougariffic!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Hey y'all

I have one year left for college but because of health problems I took a year off and didn't do so well in some of my pre reqs. Basically I have to start all over in order to go to medical school ESPECIALLY for extra curriculars and recommendations which is frustrating.
Recently i went into a home health aide informational for my mom just to check it out and even took the admission test for fun, I scored 100 on both tests and was the first to finish my test. I was granted an interview Wednesday something I did not expect. Do you think I should do the home health training and use that on my resume? Would it be good for clinical experience? I actually came home and forbid my mother from doing it because I did not want her doing some of the things they told us HHA do. Also the trainig is for 3 weeks and it's free. The pay is $10/hr.
Closing as this is a duplicate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.