Home or Library? Where do u study for MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xylem29

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering where people generally study...at home? library? coffee shops???

Studying at home is fine - but what about when you're writing a practice mcat and need all those hours of quiet??

Members don't see this ad.

I study at home....

If noise is a problem for you then I would suggest the library.

Members don't see this ad :)
rehanyazdani said:
Home. Who would drag around all those EK books to the library?!?!

Big reason why I study in my dorm room. That, and whenever I go to the library, I see someone I know and tend to get more distracted.

Rocket3004 said:
I have been studying in the library. If I am at home, I will just watch TV or go online :/

You can go online at the library too :p

Teerawit said:
You can go online at the library too :p

what about when u're writing a practice mcat and the phone rings, or ur parents nag at u to eat something? - is it difficult to simulate testing conditions at home?

xylem29 said:
what about when u're writing a practice mcat and the phone rings, or ur parents nag at u to eat something? - is it difficult to simulate testing conditions at home?

You can shut your cell phone ringer off if you aren't using it as an alarm to time yourself. If I'm at home and not at school, I post a sign on my door that says to not disturb me until whatever time after explaining to my family that I am taking something that's timed and so I can't have any interuptions. It works at my house.

Tell u the truth it comes down to personal choice...

Personally I like Univ Library on the weekends when none of my friends are there and local library for the weekday...

xylem29 said:

Dang, can you use some common sense? :p If you are somewhere that is noisy, what can you do? Can you move to a quieter place? It's not that hard to find a quiet place, lol. If your parents bother you, what can you do? Can you ask them to not bother you? lol...

BrettBatchelor said:
Hah. Don't forget the recording of the sniffles and coughs and papers ruffling. Must have true testing conditions.

Do people actually cry on the test? I know I will...

BrettBatchelor said:
I dunno. Will the scantron go through if it is slightly soggy?

I just know that my VR section on the scantron won't go through :laugh:

Both home and library. I only drive to campus twice a week (it's a 45 minute drive away) - those days I study in the library, the rest of the time I study at home. Works pretty well though I prefer the library.