Home program: university vs County?pls help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cnn

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im a 3rd year at UofArizona with a bit of a dilemma.. Im planning the 4th year, and going for one home rotation and one or two away.. Im doing all my 3rd year rotations this year in Phoenix (as opposed to tucson, where the university hospital is).. So my question is, will it hurt me to do my "home" rotation at Maricopa as opposed to the UofA, since technically im a phoenix student and maricopa is "home" ? I would rather stay in pHx for the home rotation, but some have said that most programs expect a letter from your institution's program.. any thoughts? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

Im a 3rd year at UofArizona with a bit of a dilemma.. Im planning the 4th year, and going for one home rotation and one or two away.. Im doing all my 3rd year rotations this year in Phoenix (as opposed to tucson, where the university hospital is).. So my question is, will it hurt me to do my "home" rotation at Maricopa as opposed to the UofA, since technically im a phoenix student and maricopa is "home" ? I would rather stay in pHx for the home rotation, but some have said that most programs expect a letter from your institution's program.. any thoughts? thanks

The winner! first case of matchitis for 2008!

Seriously, a good SLOR from the Maricopa faculty = a good SLOR from the U of A faculty.

Good letters from both are better than one though. Probably. For the programs that are like the individual letter writers. So I've been told.