Hometowns on ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thruaway

Reaction score
I know we can list more than one hometown, but is there a recommended max we should list? I was born in NY, spent almost all my summers in FL, 8 months in MI for rotations, but am now back in NY.

I was going to put NY and FL as my hometowns, but there are a few programs I was hoping to get interviews at in MI that seem to have almost all residents from MI. Should I also list MI as a hometown or just the NY and FL? is there a way I could show my interest in these programs in MI during interview season to try and stand out?

Any advice is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it would be more appropriate to tailor a second personal statement to MI programs, since your hometown Is not MI.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, Florida isn't even really your hometown.. Being a DO/USIMG that had to do rotations elsewhere doesn't make a hometown. If a program selects locals, it's because they want to serve the community by training people who will stay there.

I do think the second personal statement idea is good though about why you think you would be a good fit in Michigan

Reactions: 1 users