Honest Opinion - Chances MCAT 3 times 28, 25, 28 with a 3.5c and a 3.7science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medman1102

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a california resident that graduated with a business degree and an overall a 3.5 GPA and a science postbacc GPA of 3.7...

I've taken the MCAT 3 times:

7/10/2008 --- V7, P10, B11
9/12/2008 --- V7, P09, B09
6/18/2008 --- V9, P10, B09

I have great EC including a summer in in africa, working in a doctor's office, working in a mobile medical clinic, job shadowing in an ER, volunteering in a senior home, doing volunteer work for an autism fundraiser, research for HIV/AIDS, research for a music and brain science, etc......

I have great letter of recommendations that will write great things about me....

WHAT ARE MY CHANCES AT ANY SCHOOL??? I have no idea... I only hear horror stories.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a california resident that graduated with a business degree and an overall a 3.5 GPA and a science postbacc GPA of 3.7...

I've taken the MCAT 3 times:

7/10/2008 --- V7, P10, B11
9/12/2008 --- V7, P09, B09
6/18/2008 --- V9, P10, B09

I have great EC including a summer in in africa, working in a doctor's office, working in a mobile medical clinic, job shadowing in an ER, volunteering in a senior home, doing volunteer work for an autism fundraiser, research for HIV/AIDS, research for a music and brain science, etc......

I have great letter of recommendations that will write great things about me....

WHAT ARE MY CHANCES AT ANY SCHOOL??? I have no idea... I only hear horror stories.

For MD schools, it is an uphill battle with that 28. You do still have a chance though, at the 'low' tier US MD schools. Look through places like NY, PA, IL, VA, and also Tulane to come up with a school list.

If you have to get in 2010, I would also add at least 4-5 DO schools. Note that some DO schools require a letter from a DO physician.

if only you didnt live in cali...

you have a punchers chance but its gonna be tough.

good luck!