1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Honest Opinion

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by hansen44, May 13, 2008.

1. hansen44

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So I have been reading the 10,000 threads for the AAMC exams and I was wondering does the raw score correlate equally with the real MCAT. I know the curves are different for different MCAT exams, but the AAMC raw score give or take 1 or 2 questions says that you need to get at least 38 questions right out of 52 just to get a 10! This is for BS and PS. Is that roughly the margin for the real MCAT aslo? Also I have another question, please answer truthfully as if you were asking directing the question towards yourself and answering. What I mean is try not to be cynical but slightly optimistic if possible.

So I am little worried, my exam is May 31st, I have taken Kaplan FL exams and scored low 20's the first 4, than studied hard and scored a 29 on #5, #6 I scored a 27, than the next one I scored a 32, than a 29. So I have been improving, however, today I took AAMC #3 and scored a 26. so I have roughly 2 week till the MCAT, do you think I should take more AAMC tests and try to learn from my mistakes (even though I have been doing this with Kaplan material for a month) or do you think I should void the test because my chances of getting a 30+ on the real exam are slim?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.