Honest opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theTiger128

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a senior and I am about to enter my last year of college and I am feeling a little gloomy. I have not taken the mcat yet. and I have yet to take ochem 1,2 and physics 2. I have taken a majority of my other science classes at a local community college. Here is a list of the order I took my science prerequsites.

Spring 2010: (previous University)
General Biology 2 (D) :(

spring 2011: (current university)
Chem 1 : (C+)
Chem 1 lab : (B)

Summer 2011: (community college)
Human Anatomy (B)
Human Physiology (A)

Fall 2011: (Current University)
Chem 2 (C)
Chem 2 lab (A+)

Summer 2012: (community college)
Gen Bio 1 (A)
Gen Bio 2 (A)
Micro biology (A)

Currently Taking Physics 1 at the local CC and I will probably take Ochem 1 and physics 2 next semester. Then I will take ochem 2 in the summer and try my luck with the mcat.

My extracurriculars include: 1 year+ volunteering at a local hospital ER , where I have shadowed many physicians and even participated in minor medical procedure. I also am volunteer tutor at a local refugee church. I have 2 semester worth of research with 1 publication (I will probably do this for 2 more semesters)

AACOMAS calculates my Cumulative gpa to be a 3.42 and my scince gpa to be a 3.20 :scared:

I will probably only apply to DO school. What should I do to improve my chances? any comments/tips would be helpful

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently a senior and I am about to enter my last year of college and I am feeling a little gloomy. I have not taken the mcat yet. and I have yet to take ochem 1,2 and physics 2. I have taken a majority of my other science classes at a local community college. Here is a list of the order I took my science prerequsites.

Spring 2010: (previous University)
General Biology 2 (D) :(

spring 2011: (current university)
Chem 1 : (C+)
Chem 1 lab : (B)

Summer 2011: (community college)
Human Anatomy (B)
Human Physiology (A)

Fall 2011: (Current University)
Chem 2 (C)
Chem 2 lab (A+)

Summer 2012: (community college)
Gen Bio 1 (A)
Gen Bio 2 (A)
Micro biology (A)

Currently Taking Physics 1 at the local CC and I will probably take Ochem 1 and physics 2 next semester. Then I will take ochem 2 in the summer and try my luck with the mcat.

My extracurriculars include: 1 year+ volunteering at a local hospital ER , where I have shadowed many physicians and even participated in minor medical procedure. I also am volunteer tutor at a local refugee church. I have 2 semester worth of research with 1 publication (I will probably do this for 2 more semesters)

AACOMAS calculates my Cumulative gpa to be a 3.42 and my scince gpa to be a 3.20 :scared:

I will probably only apply to DO school. What should I do to improve my chances? any comments/tips would be helpful

3.2/3.42/upward trend/30 MCAT = baller DO status.

I have similar stats (my GPA is lower) and got offered interviews at all but two of the DO schools I completed my application at.
Nova: accepted
DMU: accepted
KCOM: ii
KCUMB: ii
AZCOM: ii
CCOM: rejected
Western: haven't heard back

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes i have shadowed a DO but I did not get to see OMM in action (I wanted too) but the DO i shadowed said she rarely used it. :(

3.2/3.42/upward trend/30 MCAT = baller DO status.

I have similar stats (my GPA is lower) and got offered interviews at all but two of the DO schools I completed my application at.
Nova: accepted
DMU: accepted
KCOM: ii
KCUMB: ii
AZCOM: ii
CCOM: rejected
Western: haven't heard back

Congrats on your acceptance! which one are u gonna go to?