Mar 28, 2010
2
0
0
Status
Dear friends,
I really need a honest suggestion. I got admission into NYU dental school for advanced standing program for this academic year. However my husband has to move near to Boston. Although I was interviewed at BU long back in November I did not get acceted. My stats are 91/100/3.4. 7 yrs experience in India as a dentist. No US experience. Do you think that it is wise to reject the NYU acceptance and try BU again next year?

What are my chances of getting into a 2 year program next year?
Any suggestions or ideas are welcome. Thanks
 

aspiringdentist

10+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2007
187
0
241
Status
Dear friends,
I really need a honest suggestion. I got admission into NYU dental school for advanced standing program for this academic year. However my husband has to move near to Boston. Although I was interviewed at BU long back in November I did not get acceted. My stats are 91/100/3.4. 7 yrs experience in India as a dentist. No US experience. Do you think that it is wise to reject the NYU acceptance and try BU again next year?

What are my chances of getting into a 2 year program next year?
Any suggestions or ideas are welcome. Thanks
I say take it. " One bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

I don't mean to imply you won't get in next year. Your stats are excellent, and may have a chance at BU again next year, but thats just it - a chance, as opposed to a confirmed place. I hope whatever you decide works best for you. May God be with you.:xf:
 
Feb 15, 2010
11
0
0
Status
Dentist
This time it is not worth leaving a seat. You might get next year in BU but chances are really less so go for NYU.
 
Oct 30, 2009
20
0
0
Status
I would advise you to wait one year and try next year in BU
as you have good states , only problem is us experience which you can get in one year period,work on that and try next year
as in nyu you have 3 years of dental schooling and in BU you have 2 , so any how you will graduate in the same year

this is what I think, decision is yrs
Good luck for that
 

ortho14

10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2009
65
0
0
Status
Dentist
@smile2010
firstly ur stats are good and u have great chances of getting into BU next year. but my personal suggestion is to start the course in NYU as the competition to get into dental schools is getting stiffer and it is always better to be safe than be sorry.
altough u wil be graduating around the same time even if u join BU next year, if u are ok with ur finanacials in NYU, then i think it is a safer option and also boston and newyork are really well connected and not really far.
 
Jul 15, 2009
18
0
0
Status
Well, i had a similar situation and i was too confused between BU and NYU. My stats are also same like u. I got aaceptance in NYU and was very positive for getting into BU. But, till now did not received any news from BU. I had already given deposit at NYU , so seat is confirmed, but if i get a chance to go for BU, i will do so for this year.But, wont wait another year for getting into BU.. I won't take a risk of losing a confirmed seat just with a hope of getting into BU next year. I think with such a throat cut competition in our field, even getting over 90 percentile wont guarantee the admission. For me, i know i have a good chance for boston next year, but i wont just sacrifice my NYU seat with that a little hope next year. Hope my experience helps you. Its you decision and i wish you good luck.
 

kupra

10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2008
85
0
0
Status
Dental Student
Dear friends,
I really need a honest suggestion. I got admission into NYU dental school for advanced standing program for this academic year. However my husband has to move near to Boston. Although I was interviewed at BU long back in November I did not get acceted. My stats are 91/100/3.4. 7 yrs experience in India as a dentist. No US experience. Do you think that it is wise to reject the NYU acceptance and try BU again next year?

What are my chances of getting into a 2 year program next year?
Any suggestions or ideas are welcome. Thanks

I was in similar situation last year. I dropped my seat in NYU (after submitting $5000 ) and waited for BU response, believe me I didn't get one this year also . I already got into good 2 year program, but for that I worked very hard on my application, bench exams, I/v etc. In short I want to say that don't rely on BU alone...
 

Kal ka dentist

10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2007
120
0
0
Status
Dental Student
Dear friends,
I really need a honest suggestion. I got admission into NYU dental school for advanced standing program for this academic year. However my husband has to move near to Boston. Although I was interviewed at BU long back in November I did not get acceted. My stats are 91/100/3.4. 7 yrs experience in India as a dentist. No US experience. Do you think that it is wise to reject the NYU acceptance and try BU again next year?

What are my chances of getting into a 2 year program next year?
Any suggestions or ideas are welcome. Thanks
Get it what is served for you this moment without waiting for dessert.

A best has already been reserved for you by the God. If you listen something later on ,you can always change your final destination, even then you will save a lot of money and time.

Just adding, competition and number of applicants with US education are increasing each year.

I would say go ahead :cool:

but

You decide! :idea:

Best wishes for your professional career. :thumbup:
 
Mar 28, 2010
2
0
0
Status
Thank you friends,

I really appreciate your responses.

I doubt if there is any option to defer in NYU. Any one has any experience or know any information about that?
 

aimdds

7+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2009
33
1
141
Status
Dental Student
hi guys..
im in kinda different situation... i have got acceptance into nyu... but unfortunately im not able to arrange for my finances(co signer ditched)... i dnt know wt to do .. is it possible to defer admin at nyu n join next yr... wt do u suggest .. plz help im in a big mess coz of this..
 
Oct 23, 2009
77
1
0
Status
Nyu is a very good college expect we have to do one extra year. But if you take admission next year in two year program then again you will graduate in 2013. I know lots of students who were not invited at bu inspite of good scores. I know lots of students who got admission in nyu from scores ranging low 80's to high 90's. You dont know what will happen next year. Just go and grab the opportunity that you got out of others thousands of students who are waiting.
Don't take a chance for next year. More fresh applicants will apply and almost all the last years who didn't get admission.

But, do whatever you will feel right for you. Don't follow any advice in your decision.




Dear friends,
I really need a honest suggestion. I got admission into NYU dental school for advanced standing program for this academic year. However my husband has to move near to Boston. Although I was interviewed at BU long back in November I did not get acceted. My stats are 91/100/3.4. 7 yrs experience in India as a dentist. No US experience. Do you think that it is wise to reject the NYU acceptance and try BU again next year?

What are my chances of getting into a 2 year program next year?
Any suggestions or ideas are welcome. Thanks
 

retainer7

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2007
31
0
91
Status
Dentist
Hi smile2010

I am almost in the same situation as yours. I gave my exam on 15th dec,09 n got the result on 16th jan, 10. I applied to NYU n BU through caapid in december only after my exam. Got iv from NYU n also got accepted. But I got completion email from BU on 26th jan n was nt called for the interview. My stats are 91/98/3.67 nbde1/Toefl/GPA

Now when I have already deposited the 5000$ to NYU, I am having real hard time to get the loan. I think I might lose my seat at NYU. Now I am also thinking the same, to wait n apply to schools for the next year. Soooo worried n confused. If anyone can help me too with some advice.

Thanks in advance!
 
Feb 11, 2010
7
0
0
Status
Pre-Dental
Guys, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but during our informational session at NYU, it was cleared that there was an option to defer few years ago.
But as of now , they dont let u defer