Honeymoon?

Dr Happy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My fiance and I (both med students at the same school) are getting married next summer between our first and second year. We would like to have a nice honeymoon, that allows us to spend some quality, relaxing time together, but is still cost-effective. Any suggestions? We were thinking of maybe going to an all-inclusive resort. Has anyone been to one, and how was the experience?

Thanks,
Dr Happy:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

My grandparents went on an Apple vacation package deal to Cancun and they really liked it (it included air, resort,etc) I only mention this because they are difficult people to please who travel alot and stay in the finest places so I was super impressed that they actually liked this package deal. I don't think it included food though, but I'm not sure. A cruise would be nice and it does include meals. Good luck on your upcoming nuptials!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just got married last June and we went on a cruise for our honeymoon. We went on Norweigan Cruise LInes, and we managed to get a REALLY good deal (partially b/c I had sailed with them before and was a "Latitudes" member). It was fun, there was TONS to do or not do as you chose. I havent been to an all-inclusive since then, but I have gone to several in my life. They are ok, IMO. I went mostly to Jack Tar Villages (Dominican Republic, Montego Bay, Jamaica and Puerta Vallarta). They're good for beach bums, single people and people with LOTS of $$$.

Keep in mind that both for cruise and resort, "All inclusive" isnt. Yes, you get food and water and iced tea, but no sodas or ETOH. If you want to do something like take a tour or go horseback riding, it usually costs extra, too. Of course, if you plan to spend most of your honeymoon exploring the inside of your room (like a lot of people do), it probably wont matter all that much LOL.

Congrats!
Star

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your responses!

Dr. Happy

I got married in 1995 and we didn't have much money then (and we don't have much now!) either. We were paying for our own wedding and things were very tight but we still wanted a nice honeymoon. We ended up booking our honeymoon at the Enchanted Gardens in Ocho Rios Jamaica. I'm still smiling. At the time it was a total of $1750 for 6 days/5 nights---ALL INCLUSIVE! That really means everything; you're not even allowed to tip the waiters. The island had about 14 natural waterfalls, a hammock gardens (about 30 huge hammoks made to fit 2 people), 3 specialty restaurants (Asian, French and I can't remember the other one) and a pasta and jerk chicken restaurant open almost around the clock. All restaurants are included in your package- just eat and go! All drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic are included as well. And too much more to mention. I will never travel again unless it's all inclusive.:love: