Honors classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nontrad_FL_LGBT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was offered to take an honors level pre-req class next semester after performing well in the first part of the course. However, it's a topic I struggle with so I'm not sure if it'll be worth or not.

The honors class includes an additional section of the book (like half a chapter, not a ton more work), one day of student teaching, and an honors project.

If I don't do the honors class, I'd be in the same section as two friends who are both good at the subject and will be able to help me out if I'm struggling.

The honors stuff sounds cool, but if it's a class I'm not passionate about and have zero intention of doing research in the subject, does it matter if I take the "easy out" of the regular section?

Members don't see this ad.

the way my honors program worked (west coast state school) is that you had to get a certain number of honors credits prior to graduation, and complete a thesis. If you don't want to take this particular class as honors then don't do it lmao, you will have other opportunities to take honors classes that you are more interested in

Reactions: 1 user
So I was offered to take an honors level pre-req class next semester after performing well in the first part of the course. However, it's a topic I struggle with so I'm not sure if it'll be worth or not.

The honors class includes an additional section of the book (like half a chapter, not a ton more work), one day of student teaching, and an honors project.

If I don't do the honors class, I'd be in the same section as two friends who are both good at the subject and will be able to help me out if I'm struggling.

The honors stuff sounds cool, but if it's a class I'm not passionate about and have zero intention of doing research in the subject, does it matter if I take the "easy out" of the regular section?
No.

Cool, I'm gonna do the regular course then. Thanks!