honors/high pass/pass/fail gpa conversion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chino987

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey does anyone know how to convert honors/high pas/pass/fail into A/B/C/D etc so i can calculate gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

the idea behind F/P/HP/H is that you CAN'T convert to actual grades...

How many times are you going to post this question?

Agree with the above poster.. the whole point is to hide the grades. You don't get any conversion out of it... it's essentially Pass/Fail.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many times are you going to post this question?

Agree with the above poster.. the whole point is to hide the grades. You don't get any conversion out of it... it's essentially Pass/Fail.

What are you talking about? It's essentially A/B/C/D/F that makes a C a lot easier to stomach.

the idea of honor/pass/fail is to eliminate letter grades, so there would be no GPA and this eliminates unhealthy competitive spirit, BUT when you apply to professional schools or if you are in a professional school and are applying to residency, specialty, etc. they have to standardize everyone, and unfortunately PASS is equal to C (b/c it's usually Honors/Pass/Fail vs A/B/C/D). correct me if i'm wrong

the idea of honor/pass/fail is to eliminate letter grades, so there would be no GPA and this eliminates unhealthy competitive spirit, BUT when you apply to professional schools or if you are in a professional school and are applying to residency, specialty, etc. they have to standardize everyone, and unfortunately PASS is equal to C (b/c it's usually Honors/Pass/Fail vs A/B/C/D). correct me if i'm wrong

Yup, honors is an A essentially. The rest falls accordingly. It's a nice way of telling people they passed when in fact they got a C.

Yup, honors is an A essentially. The rest falls accordingly. It's a nice way of telling people they passed when in fact they got a C.

Bump_Mario.gif