"HOOAH" Schools for Army Dentists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClosetNerd828

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What type of leadership / training schools are Army Dentists getting seats for? I'm sure Airborne or Air Assault (been there) are possibilities..

I was at an interview the other day and the Financial Aid rep was telling us that some past students had gone the Army HPSP route and later went through SF selection......................... I didn't say anything but I was like "WTF" in my mind.

So I guess I'm just curious.. Ranger School? SOCM?

Members don't see this ad.

yes? no? I just go to work and going to any strenuous school doesn't even cross my mind? Or This question is so dumb no one wants to take the time to answer it??

Army dentists can go through SF selection. it is true. I cannot reveal anymore information....you know, national security xD. But actually, you can do SF as an Army Dentist.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea that's more what I was thinking.. didn't think you would need to go through selection to be attached to a SF unit.. seems like a waste of $.. but I guess its the same thing with Ranger Batt...

and then of course being attached to one of those units all the other cool stuff opens up... I've been telling my buddies I'm going to be a "Combat Dentist"... maybe I wasn't too far off hahaha

You will unlikely be able to go through SF selection, but you can be a dentist for an SF group. You can also be a brigade dentist. Going to airborne school is hard now, unless you are going to an airborne unit. If you are in group, more schools are available, such as dive school and such.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea going to selection make no sense to me. I don't see why the Army would send through the SF pipeline to be a team leader just to keep you as a dentist. I didn't say that during my interview though ha-ha. Definitely wanting to go airborne ( especially after losing my seat due to budgeting issues). EFMB and some other cool guy schools and training are definitely on my radar. Going to group or a Ranger Battalion or even 96th CA would b awesome.