Hope for people who didn't finish the NAPLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

velder1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to put up a quick post on here to provide some encouragement to people who read (what seems like) every thread on this website after taking the NAPLEX and being convinced you failed. I didn't finish 13 questions on the NAPLEX and I was DEVASTATED. I was 100% convinced that I didn't pass and that there was no way that I could after leaving so many blank and having to basically rush/guess through the last 50 questions.

I got my score back today (after an excruciating 5 days) and I PASSED.

Pre-NAPLEX (2 days before test): 103
NAPLEX: 103

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
what was the reason you weren't able to go through all the questions? My NAPLEX exam is next week and I'm worried about timing. Do you believe there is not enough time to double check each calculation question?

what was the reason you weren't able to go through all the questions? My NAPLEX exam is next week and I'm worried about timing. Do you believe there is not enough time to double check each calculation question?

It was definitely poor timing on my part and not practicing timing myself enough. I double (sometimes triple) checked every answer, crossed answers out even though I already knew and selected the right answer (trying to be thorough), and basically just spent too much time trying to reason through questions when I just didn't know the answer. My best advice is avoid wasting too much time on a question you don't know the answer to, go with your gut and move on so you can use that valuable time for the calculations.

I just wanted to put up a quick post on here to provide some encouragement to people who read (what seems like) every thread on this website after taking the NAPLEX and being convinced you failed. I didn't finish 13 questions on the NAPLEX and I was DEVASTATED. I was 100% convinced that I didn't pass and that there was no way that I could after leaving so many blank and having to basically rush/guess through the last 50 questions.

I got my score back today (after an excruciating 5 days) and I PASSED.

Pre-NAPLEX (2 days before test): 103
NAPLEX: 103
I just took my Naplex last Wednesday and I ran out of time... I have never felt this devastated in my life ever. I studied my a** off for the past 2 months for this exam. I took pre-Naplex back in May without really studying and got 84, I took it again the Friday before my exam I got 110. I knew my stuff but I don't what happened during the exam that made me run out of time. I kept looking at the time remaining. I was doing ok till the last 70 questions (~ 30 mins remaining) so rushed through the rest but I was only able to finish 223 questions out of the 250.
Honestly, all I have been doing ever since the exam is cry, and search the internet to see if there is hope for someone like me who ran out of time. Reading your post game me a little hope. I just hope that I did good enough on the first 200 questions so I could pass the exam. I can’t focus at all to study for my compounding exam ( required in GA) and my MPJE. I actually Postponed my mpje so I could at least pass that one if I end up failing Naplex.
Just little background about me:
Hard working student throughout pharmacy school
GPA: 3.7
Calculations /medchem /pharmacotherapy tutor during P1 P2 and P3 year
Never failed an exam during school.
Lowest grade in pharmacy school : 83 in biochemistry in P1 year
Highest grade : calculations final : 103% ( our professor gave us 3 % bonus)

Members don't see this ad :)