Hope is a gift God gives!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prematch

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To whom that did not match I want to say that Jesus loves us all unconditionally and you are preciuos to Him as you will always be.:love:
I did not match either and I have no back up plan that I can think of at this moment, but as times goes by,I continue praying and seeking His wisdom and I keep knocking on doors to see which one is His will for me. He definitely wants the best for us and He meets our needs, as He is taking care of the birds and the flowers.
Let us keep our spirit close to Him and be still because He is in control.:)
The link is for few words of encouragement,
http://rbc.net/odb/odb-03-15-07.shtml

Members don't see this ad.

To whom that did not match I want to say that Jesus loves us all unconditionally and you are preciuos to Him as you will always be.:love:
I did not match either and I have no back up plan that I can think of at this moment, but as times goes by,I continue praying and seeking His wisdom and I keep knocking on doors to see which one is His will for me. He definitely wants the best for us and He meets our needs, as He is taking care of the birds and the flowers.
Let us keep our spirit close to Him and be still because He is in control.:)
The link is for few words of encouragement,
http://rbc.net/odb/odb-03-15-07.shtml

God bless!

May your prayers be answered in due time.

God has a plan for each one of us.

Our lives are definitely in God's hands.

My prayers are with you too!

I pray that you may have Perseverance, Compassion, and Hope.
FP

will god help you put your loans into deferrment?

I think in Matthew's gospel it goes like this:

"Our Father, who art in heaven, hollowed is thy name...Forgive us our debts as we forgive or debtor...."

During the American Civil War, they started putting "In God we Trust" on US currency. Some of the Christian magazines at the time joked that we should rather have "Forgive us our debts" because the country was in huge debt at that time...and come to think of it...we have an $8 trillion dollar national debt....right now...

...So maybe it would be very appropriate to replace "In God we Trust" with "Forgive us our debts"

probably depends on how hard you've been praying

you know, like how if you're extra good, Santa leaves extra pressies under the tree ;)

Why did you all attack this person without provocation?
Way to go, DOCTORS, in being encouraging toward one another. I pray you are never treated in the same fashion, but your are given help in a time of need.

And the reason someone stated that hope is the road to disappointment is because we have lost the true meaning of hope. UInfortunately we have taken hope in our society and adultered it to a false definition of "wishful thinking". We say I hope this happens or I hope my teams wins, etc. That is just wishful thinking. The real definition of hope is "An eager expectation that something good is going to happen". And it is encompassed by whom you put your trust in.

I walked away from a very significant medical residency position/program to serve God as a missionary. And someone, that I did not ask, paid my Sallie Mae private loans which exceeded $100,000. It was completely unexpected. But I do know that it was not dependent upon how fervent my prayers were. That is the definition of Grace. Now, I still have all of my stafford loans and thankfully am able to pay them monthly

Dear friend, there is only One whom you can put your trust in. With God all things are possible.
Matt 6:25-34

Way to go, DOCTORS, in being encouraging toward one another. I pray you are never treated in the same fashion, but your are given help in a time of need.

And the reason someone stated that hope is the road to disappointment is because we have lost the true meaning of hope. UInfortunately we have taken hope in our society and adultered it to a false definition of "wishful thinking". We say I hope this happens or I hope my teams wins, etc. That is just wishful thinking. The real definition of hope is "An eager expectation that something good is going to happen". And it is encompassed by whom you put your trust in.

I walked away from a very significant medical residency position/program to serve God as a missionary. And someone, that I did not ask, paid my Sallie Mae private loans which exceeded $100,000. It was completely unexpected. But I do know that it was not dependent upon how fervent my prayers were. That is the definition of Grace. Now, I still have all of my stafford loans and thankfully am able to pay them monthly

Dear friend, there is only One whom you can put your trust in. With God all things are possible.

Lighten up there dude, these are only jokes. (Plus, I wouldn't be so quick to judge-- one might point out that the 100K someone spent on your loans could have gone a long way toward helping a charity if you had decided to work a few years before becoming a missionary.) To each his own I guess.

I did match but I think this whole process really stinks for those who don't. There were a few students in my school who for some weird reason didn't match, and I know they'll be excellent doctors. Don't give up, and I wish you luck next year.

Take it easy, Falwell. A lot of people who you accuse of "attacking" the original poster are just being light-hearted. No one said anything malicious or deprecating towards his/her beliefs. One person merely stated his own despondency and then you start casting fire and brimstone from atop your pulpit of judgement and damnation. This is an extremely difficult time for some people who didn't match and it's understandable that they are upset and not quite ready to embrace the happy happy joy joy feelings of the original poster, who is probably someone who matched in plastic surgery.

And the person who posted above me made a very good point...why didn't you work for a few years to pay off your loans and then become a missionary? That person who spent a $100k covering your obligations could have built a house for a homeless family.

But the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "Because you did not trust in me enough to honor me as holy in the sight of the Israelites, you will not bring this community into the land I give them.Numbers 20:12

I just also wanted to highlight the fact that I can randomly put up Bible verses.

I just saw that the original poster didn't match. That kind of really takes the air out of my last comment. I'm not sure where to go with this so I'm just going to kind of....disappear...for a while.

<yawn>