Hope Medical Institute

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clarus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gone through the Hope Medical Institute program for Polish Medical schools? I just wanted to gain some insight from current or previous students whom have graduated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm actually applying right now. I've done some research on them, and here's what I've found out:

-at a pre-health fair at my university, I found out that the USMILE pass rate for Step 1 was approximately 80-85%, which is low in the states, but for the resident acceptance rate, it's approximately ~91%. Still, it's harder to get into the states if you're an IMG.
-HMI has two programs, one for six years (high school) and one for four years (college).
-Tuition and fees for the basic sciences are around 21000. If you want to get rotations in the US for the third and fourth year, it's around 1000.000 a week for 82 weeks, but if you stay in Poland, it's approximately 719.000 for 82 weeks.
-If you score 595 on the new MCAT, then they'll consider your application, but you have to apply early.
-All in all, they are very good schools, both Lublin and Silesia. But keep in mind that if an American Student graduated from an international medical school, you're considered an IMG, and typically speaking, IMGs have a harder time getting a residency in the states. But then again, it depends on what residency you want to do; for example, if you want to go to primary care, then go for it, but if you want to get into the harder residencies such as surgery, you're better off sticking with America.
-What's your end game? (Don't say be a doctor; we all want to be doctors) Where do you see yourself? What are you interested in? What's your GPA, MCAT, extracurricular?

Good luck, and I hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Also consider Poznan and Jagellonian ->also good schools and located in beautiful cities.
-You might want to contact the HMI admissions though, just to be sure.

-I realize your question is 2 years old, but I still love you.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm actually applying right now. I've done some research on them, and here's what I've found out:

-at a pre-health fair at my university, I found out that the USMILE pass rate for Step 1 was approximately 80-85%, which is low in the states, but for the resident acceptance rate, it's approximately ~91%. Still, it's harder to get into the states if you're an IMG.
-HMI has two programs, one for six years (high school) and one for four years (college).
-Tuition and fees for the basic sciences are around 21000. If you want to get rotations in the US for the third and fourth year, it's around 1000.000 a week for 82 weeks, but if you stay in Poland, it's approximately 719.000 for 82 weeks.
-If you score 595 on the new MCAT, then they'll consider your application, but you have to apply early.
-All in all, they are very good schools, both Lublin and Silesia. But keep in mind that if an American Student graduated from an international medical school, you're considered an IMG, and typically speaking, IMGs have a harder time getting a residency in the states. But then again, it depends on what residency you want to do; for example, if you want to go to primary care, then go for it, but if you want to get into the harder residencies such as surgery, you're better off sticking with America.
-What's your end game? (Don't say be a doctor; we all want to be doctors) Where do you see yourself? What are you interested in? What's your GPA, MCAT, extracurricular?

Good luck, and I hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Also consider Poznan and Jagellonian ->also good schools and located in beautiful cities.
-You might want to contact the HMI admissions though, just to be sure.

-I realize your question is 2 years old, but I still love you.

Thanks for your reply lol. I'm currently applying there too. I thought the new MCAT scoring is from 472 - 528? You said 595. Was that a typo? lol