Hopefully helpful resource for med school interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avash K

Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a third year med student right now, and some of my classmates and I host and produce a weekly radio show/podcast called Radio Rounds (you probably see an announcement on the SDN banner above this forum each week!). Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know that we did an episode last Sunday on the Medical School Interview process, and our guests on the show were the Associate Deans of Admission at Tufts and UCSF.

[Now here's the shameless plug; I apologize]: The podcast of the episode is on iTunes (free!) if anyone is interested in listening to it, and info on how to get this specific episode is on our website, www.RadioRounds.org.

Again, I hate posting what sounds like an ad, but since we've received positive feedback from SDN members about this episode (and since it wasn't too long ago that we were pre-med ourselves!), I did just want to direct your attention to the episode in case it might help you. It was a fun episode to do.

If you happen to listen to it (or if you heard it already) and have any comments, etc., feel free to post here or email us! We get lots of emails from SDN members/readers, so we love hearing your feedback about our shows each week. We also have a Radio Rounds SDN forum listed under Medical School Forums, in case anyone wants to check out recaps of past episodes.

Good luck to everyone who is applying/interviewing!
Avash

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you, will listen. Never heard about this website before.
Hi all,

I'm a third year med student right now, and some of my classmates and I host and produce a weekly radio show/podcast called Radio Rounds (you probably see an announcement on the SDN banner above this forum each week!). Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know that we did an episode last Sunday on the Medical School Interview process, and our guests on the show were the Associate Deans of Admission at Tufts and UCSF.

[Now here's the shameless plug; I apologize]: The podcast of the episode is on iTunes (free!) if anyone is interested in listening to it, and info on how to get this specific episode is on our website, www.RadioRounds.org.

Again, I hate posting what sounds like an ad, but since we've received positive feedback from SDN members about this episode (and since it wasn't too long ago that we were pre-med ourselves!), I did just want to direct your attention to the episode in case it might help you. It was a fun episode to do.

If you happen to listen to it (or if you heard it already) and have any comments, etc., feel free to post here or email us! We get lots of emails from SDN members/readers, so we love hearing your feedback about our shows each week. We also have a Radio Rounds SDN forum listed under Medical School Forums, in case anyone wants to check out recaps of past episodes.

Good luck to everyone who is applying/interviewing!
Avash

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for posting this. I'll check it out.

Avash: listening right now, and I'm kind of curious what your opinion is with regard to having a student interviewer or NOT having a student interviewer.

for example, they're talking about the advantage of having a student interviewer because that person can see how you might fuse with the rest of your classmates as opposed to someone who has been out of med school for 40 years.

I interviewed at your school, but it was the first day of interviews - so, before the students had been trained. Therefore, I had two older men. Is this going to be a disadvantage for me?

I guess I'll find out in two weeks, regardless!

Hey, don't worry about the shameless plug! I think most of us on here will take any help we can get. :)

I will check it out, thanks for the link!